“Food too good to be missed!”

The Hawthorn Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Oban
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fresh, seasonal, local produce in a peaceful countryside setting. The Restaurant is located in the village of Benderloch, 9 miles north of Oban.
Oban
“Food too good to be missed!”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

Went to the Hawthorn as we've heard so many great things about it and we're local. Well we weren't disappointed, the food is simply stunning, very well priced for the quality. We all had something different and every plate went back to the kitchen clean! Lovely atmosphere and impeccable service. Special mention must go to the lovely George who made my desert platter extra special! Loved it all, we will be back.

2 Thank MM7Oban

Perth, United Kingdom
“A Joyous Experience”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our Ruby Wedding at the weekend and our son and his wife had booked us into The Hawthorn as a present.

Well this is best meal we have ever had in fact the whole experience was fantastic. The welcome,atmosphere, service and food were superb.

Mr & Mrs McNaughton.

2 Thank Eunice M
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Wow !”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

What an amazing restaurant, I am almost speechless with regard to the quality of the food. I have never eaten Michelin stared food, but this is what I imagine it to be.

We were lucky enough to meet the chef, who was very friendly and even though I have a shellfish allergy, said he would do everything he could to ensure my food was cooked separately.

When we sat down for our meal I was stunned initially by the presentation of the food, it looked amazing on the plate, top marks, but then the taste was just divine, I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming, this is undoubtedly one of the best meals I have ever eaten in my 41 years.

We had a wonderful 3 course meal, which included the desert platter to share, a little bit of each desert, elegant and amazing. We recommend it!

If ever in the area treat yourself to a meal that will truly be unforgettable, but make sure to book to avoid disappointment.

We shall definitely be returning when next in the area.

2 Thank jabe25
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“High class food, great friendly service”
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

This place is a real find! The chef has a history of working in top class restaurants before he and his wife set up this business. It shows! Everything we ordered was cooked perfectly and was obviously well sourced using his previous experience. We has scallops and beef and I think we can honestly say they have been the best dinners we have had on our month tour of Scotland. They were that good. So for that special occasion or just to really spoil yourself, try it, you will not be disappointed.
Can't recommend highly enough

Visited June 2013
1 Thank johncuk7
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The service was 1st class and very friendly, nothing was too much trouble, also a very pleasant atmosphere. Now the food, well I can safely say this is one of the finest meals I have ever had, the presentation was stunning and above all the taste was incredible. The highest recommendation, enjoyed every minute.