“Appalling”
Review of Puffin Dive Centre

Puffin Dive Centre
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We were thoroughly recommended this organisation by a friend however we can only say that our experiences with dealing with them were dire. My son contacted them by email to try to arrange a dive course while he was home from abroad. The first email bore no fruit, neither did the next two. I rang up to see if the emails had been received but was very rudely spoken to by a man who then said I had accused him of not reading his emails and told me I was rude when I had been extremely careful to ask politely. His manner was atrocious and he was extremely unhelpful and angry and bit my head off on several occasions during a horrible conversation. I checked with him that we had sent the emails to the right address - the one found on the web site. This appeared to be the case but he told us to send them again to a particular person at the dive centre. All three emails were forwarded to her. Even after this they were not very quick in responding and when eventually my son did get a reply it did not answer any of his questions and certainly did not seem at all encouraging. In fact it almost seemed as if they did not want the business. In the end we gave up and went to Lochaline instead where the dive centre could not have been more helpful, and he had two fantastic days diving. As he was also intending on buying a great deal of dive gear in the Puffin Dive shop, we decided that given the rudeness and lack of enthusiasm, then he was certainly going to take his business elsewhere. We have since spoken to several others who have also experienced similar rudeness and a curt off hand manner from one particular man with this organisation.

15  Thank PollyScotlandUK
There are newer reviews for Puffin Dive Centre

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am staying in the Oban area for the summer season, My Suunto Core mountain watch decided to loose its screws !!! tried various watch shops in the area but no joy at all, I checked the Suunto advice web page and Puffin came up as a dealer, so i went in and found out it was diving Suunto watches they dealt with, I thought another dead end but Mike the owner said no problem got on the phone straight away to Suunto in London, arranged for parts to be delivered and fitted for me and Nicola kept me in the loop as to when to collect, great friendly and helpful service. Thankyou Puffin.

1  Thank Rob B
Reviewed 27 September 2012

we have done try dives twice and recently completed open water diving course here.It is safety first,second and last.your little one and big ones will be 100% safe,the staff are very skilled and experienced and used to getting first-timers into the water,and enjoying the experience,my family are all hooked and cant wait to go back,first went in aged 8 and 10,now 11 and 13.we stayed in the waterfront cottage and it was great,really enjoyed the lovely views and walk into Oban,a great location for everything.

2  Thank fen g