“Helpful & professional. Contributed hugely to a thoroughly enjoyable weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Puffin Dive Centre

Puffin Dive Centre
Blackpool
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Helpful & professional. Contributed hugely to a thoroughly enjoyable weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have used Puffin a number of time over the years & as usual, from start to finish, things were done in a highly professional manner. Getting the keys and directions to our accommodation at one of their town houses was easy & headache free. The house was a fantastic, fully furnished bungalow set in beautiful surroundings a short, albeit slightly steep walk from the town centre. Fully equiped kitchen, including washing machine & tumble dryer, which came in very handy as my dry suit leaked a little bit. Beds were comfortable & warm & the whole place was just a brilliant. The dives we did with them were excellent as they are very knowledgeable about the best sites for any given weather conditions, & the boat crew were friendly, informative, professional & very efficient. In fact, everyone at Puffin contributed to our weekend being immensely enjoyable & I wouldn't hesitate in using them again.

Dave in Blackpool.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank seasider1968

Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Avoid avoid avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

After a misunderstanding , my self and a friend were at the end the owners rudeness and also witnessed the owner being verbally abusive to a young female member of staff....I have never experienced rudeness of this kind ever before.. Wow .learn some manners and business skills sir ......

Visited July 2014
28 Thank Colin D
Oban, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“My Worst Customer Service Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I visited the Puffin dive centre looking to purchase a dry suit, after revealing to the man behind the counter I was looking to spend around £200 he was not interested in helping me. It was almost like he didn't want my money. There were at least 2 employees in the store from what I could see and no other customers. After I asked to try a dry suit on he told me 'it would be a waste of his time'.
I couldn't believe how rude he was being from the start to the end of the conversation.

The store is out of the way and is not worth the drive for rude and unhelpful service.

Visited July 2014
16 Thank BOJ2342
Lauder, Scotland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dive course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this centre whilst on the area camping (2min from centre). We asked for advice Re nearby shore diving and found the staff (nicola) very helpful, she provided advice and a map of area. On the strength of the customer service we received, we booked courses for 2 weeks later.
Our courses were delivered in an extremely professional and friendly manner with one-to-one instruction. My mask wasn't fitting properly so my instructor (Neil) gave me his, thanks. For my next days diving, they let me borrow another instructors (Mike) mask before I was committed to buying - which I did.
In conclusion, I would say that all staff and instructors at the centre were very helpful, friendly and professional.
Thanks all, and we will definitely be back.

3 Thank kennymsn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Advanced dive course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this course whilst visiting Oban 2 weeks ago. I was very impressed with the set up and when asking advice re this course I was given all answers to my questions.
My course started exactly on time was very professional and I was instantly at ease with instructors Rachel and Neal who coached me well and after instruction both in class and practical in the sea I passed my course.
I feel confident that what I have been taught will help me in my recreational diving hobby.
Many thanks to Nicola, Neal and Rachel I will return