“The Ranald Hotel”

and 1 more site!
The Ranald Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My Partner and I stayed 2 nights atThe Ranald. We were very impressed. It lacked nothing.
From very comfortable bed to Hairdryer. In fact we were reluctant to go out as room was vey comfortable. The breakfast was lovely. just what we wanted. The pancakes and syrup was my favourite. Definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I believe all the rooms have same decor. But if you want a larger one I am quite sure you will not...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Harry F, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

I'm very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the rest of the tripadvisor community.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

arrived later than expected on friday night to a small hiccup.had requested a double room but was shown a twin.hayley on reception sorted it out in jig time whilst dealing with customers in the bar at the same time.was very impressed by her speed and efficiency.
everything about the room and the en-suite shower,was faultless.shower itself was a blast !!
breakfast in the mornings was most enjoyable both in choice of food and in service.it was good to get a change from the traditional.the staff gave a great service for being in such a small but busy environment.
have absolutely no complaints about this hotel or staff.it betters larger and more prestigious hotels i have stayed in recently.would and will,recommend it

1  Thank hugh g

Sorry to hear about the hiccup! I'm glad that it was sorted quickly for you. Hayley is fantastic, I don't know what I'd do without her!! I'm happy to hear that your stay overall was excellent and I hope that you will return.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Ranald Hotel very much. Everything was lovely – a very friendly staff, tastefully decorated rooms and bar area, and a central and convenient location. Do try their baked scones with homemade raspberry jam – delicious! We had cocktails one evening in the Ranald's bar and enjoyed the warm and intimate atmosphere. The baked eggs at breakfast are very, very good, indeed! Thank you to Harry and his team for making our stay a very pleasant one. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Kate, thank you for such a wonderful review of The Ranald. Alex makes fantastic scones! I'm glad that our staff looked after you so well and I hope that you will indeed return.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

we enjoyed a great stay for 2 nights 15th and 16th feb 2013 in a 'splendid room'.
wife, myself and 3 children. room had king size bed with sofa bed that converted to double and a single bed. the size of the room was appropriate for the cost.
the fittings and fixtures in the room were of a very high standard for the price of the rooms. the beds were comfortable. only problem for us was the lack of a bath but we made do with the shower.
breakfasts on both mornings were very good and better than some 4* hotels. the lack of the standard cooked breakfast did not matter as the alternative options were probably more healthy and tasty.
the staff were always helpful and our room has good wifi coverage.
i would strongly recommend this hotel both for couples and families.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank dr1p

Thank you for your great review of your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure having yourself and your family staying with us and I'm delighted that you enjoyed it. As you can imagine with the space that we had to work with baths were quickly ruled out, but I'm glad that it didn't inconvenience you too much. I hope that you'll all consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We so enjoyed our stay here. The decor is tasteful and suitably Scottish. The rooms were very comfortable and the bathroom superb. We enjoyed the "alternative" breakfast. The staff did a fantastic job in a very small space. The service was excellent and we would have no hesitaion in recommending this hotel to friends. We will be back!!

Room Tip: Don't think it matters
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review of The Ranald. We're always delighted to hear that guests have had a fantastic stay with us. All the staff work hard to ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience. We hope that we'll see you again.

Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a groupon deal. Great modern hotel. With excellent service. Room was spotless, fabulous shower! Breakfast while not traditional was fresh and tasty and a pleasant change. Would not hesitate to return even without groupon!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review Lynne. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I hope that we will indeed see you again.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. Lovely hotel, room was spotlessly clean, staff were very friendly and welcoming nothing was a problem, even helped me with my bags. Can't praise the staff enough. En suite shower was amazing, beds were extremely comfortable so slept like a log. Only downside was the breakfast. Choice of continental breakfast was lovely but if you wanted a hot breakfast, choice was limited to baked egg, pancakes or a bagel all warmed in a microwave. Not good when you're out all day in this weather and it's your last chance of a hot meal until you return late at night. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for leaving a review from your recent stay with us. I'd like to reassure everyone that the only item on our breakfast menu which is warmed in our microwave is the pancakes. All other hot menu items are cooked/heated in our commercial electric convection oven. The menu isn't to everyones taste, but we do make it clear what we offer on our website. I'm glad that overall your stay was a good and restful one.