“two night stay”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“two night stay”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a small hotel but it was ab fab. Breakfast was lovely although they say cooked food is limited. It was perfect for us fresh fruit amazing and room amazing ,shower so powerful and amazing. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley K, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your Ranald experience on TripAdvisor. We are all happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and I hope you will return in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Partner and myself stayed for 3 nights over the New Year. First time stay. It is a new hotel which shows in the fresh decor and fabric. the rooms are airy and the showers excellent. It is not a big hotel and there was no lift to the third floor. We were on 3rd floor at the front. I enjoyed the exercise. There is internet access and WiFi. There is a nice atmosphere to the place. Breakfast was not the usual fry. It was more continental but adequate. The staff were polite and helpful. Parking was a bit of a problem but we found free parking only 5 minutes away. The hotel is located close to everything. Train. Buses. Ferry and shops. My only issue was the noise at the front. I'm a light sleeper anyway but the street had a lot of traffic on it most of our stay. We both liked it and will return at some point.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage go for room on lower floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Ranald Hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the noise was a slight issue. Due to being a town centre hotel, there can be a bit of noise from traffic throughout the night. I'm glad you will return to The Ranald and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Argyll & Bute
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My boyfriend & I booked our 2 night stay through a Groupon deal & were not dissapointed one bit. We were on the top floor & got shown personally to our room (I even got my bag carried which I thought was a nice old fashioned touch)
The room was clean & spacious with the BIGGEST bed I've slept in! We even had a sofa area with table & complimentary spring water & chocolates which were re stocked the next day when our room was cleaned.
The only down side was the bathroom. It was quite small in comparison to the rest of the room & only had a shower with not alot of room or places to put your toiletries. Also the shower door seemed to leak a bit leaving a bit of a puddle outside :/

Being a small metro hotel a full cooked breakfast wasnt available but they had a nice selection of cereals, fruit, yogurts, toast & the loveliest crossioants I've tasted. There was also a quirky menu which consisted of pancakes & syrup, porridge, filled bagles & baked eggs.

The staff were very friendly & helpfull and I will certainally book again the next time I'm up in Oban.

Room Tip: A handy hint is remember to lock your hotel room door when leaving & whilst in. Most places I...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley K, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you very much for leaving a review of The Ranald with the rest of TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Ranald Hotel, so much that you are going to return. I will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Findhorn, Scotland
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We regularly have to stay in Oban when going to and fro from Mull and our island of Erraid, so finding the Ranald who does great rates for Islanders during the winter is a real treat, it makes the trip very enjoyable. We done several repeat visits so far this winter. Lovely fluffy pillow, clean rooms, crisp sheets, wifi connection and a great breakfast - we really think it's great.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hayley K, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your experience at The Ranald Hotel and that you are taking advantage of our Islander rate. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

This was my second stay at The Ranald and by far the best hotel experience I've had in the UK both times. The staff are amazing and can't do enough to help you. Both ladies in the morning and afternoon were friendly, professional and an asset to the hotel. I hope They'll consider giving them both pay rises, because I'm sure they aren't paying them what they're worth. Breakfast was great and we enjoyed having a drink in the wee lounge. Rooms were spotless and comfy. A lot of noise from the street out our window, but the staff kindly provided ear plugs. Great stay and we'll be back next time we're in Oban.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of The Ranald. I will pass on your great comments to all of the staff and will let them know that their hard work is being recognised by our guests. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your second stay just as much as your first and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Scotland
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I've stayed here twice now in different types of room. It's a gorgeous hotel with the biggest, fluffiest towels and a decent, powerful shower in the bathrooms. It doesn't do the traditional full English or Scottish breakfast but has plenty of options at the buffet and on the menu. I'm booked for a third visit in a couple of weeks. They also do a repeat business discount.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of The Ranald. We are delighted that you love our hotel and are taking advantage of our repeat guest discount by returning a third time. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Ranald in the next couple of weeks.
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in business and would recommend to others - nice rooms good wifi service excellent - breakfast a good choice despite no full cooked on offer - will be back in the future. Good central location with on street parking

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased you liked many aspects of The Ranald Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.