“Weekend break”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Oban
Inverkip, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Fantastic hotel, Newly built and very modern. Rooms were lovely. But it was the little extras that made it special. Sparking and still water was put in the room every day along with chocolates and nice bathroom accessories. Fruit and sweeties in reception. Breakfast was delicious, not your usual cooked breakfast, it also had a special touch to it. Free WIFI, lovely friendly staff. Parking right outside the door, and since it never stops raining in Oban, there were umbrellas available near the door for anyone who forgot theirs. There didn't seem to be a lift, so if you can't manage the stairs let them know when booking. Very quiet at bed time.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley K, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely review of The Ranald Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and all the little extra touches made it that little bit better. I hope you will return and stay with us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Wonderful hotel and very comfortable beds the rooms were perfectly clean and very up to date the staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would definetly recommend this hotel to family and friends and book again hopefully very soon.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave your experience of The Ranald Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are all delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had a very relaxing and comfortable first time stay at the Ranald and will certainly use again!
Our room was relaxing and immaculate and indeed the whole hotel.
The staff were very attentive and provided excellent customer service particularly serving breakfast .
I can say that dinner provided in the Fishouse restaurant (one of two superb options) was one or the finest meals I've had.
We have no hesitation recommending the Hotel Ranald to others and looking forward to staying again!

Room Tip: There are two excellent restaurants to have dinner ....we tried the Fishouse at the Waterfront whic...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hayley K, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such great feedback on TripAdvisor. All of the staff work very hard in providing excellent customer care so I will make sure your comments are passed on to them all. I'm delighted to hear that our sister restaurant, The Waterfront Fishouse delivered an excellent dining experience and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Blantyre, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

what can i say about the ranald hotel thats not already been said
in the reviews on trip advisor the staff, the rooms,the amazing breakfast,
where the hotel is situated,you could not get better. the two restrurants
[the waterfront and cuan mor] connected to the hotel are just five mins away
both are top class. i had only one issue that was the bar prices in the hotel which
were expensive other than that we had a great time there

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jydb
Firstly, I would like to thank you for leaving such a lovely review of The Ranald Hotel. I'm delighted to hear such positive comments of your stay and you also enjoyed dining at our 2 sister restaurants during your time with us. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay and dine with us again in the future.
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a small hotel but it was ab fab. Breakfast was lovely although they say cooked food is limited. It was perfect for us fresh fruit amazing and room amazing ,shower so powerful and amazing. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your Ranald experience on TripAdvisor. We are all happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and I hope you will return in the future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Partner and myself stayed for 3 nights over the New Year. First time stay. It is a new hotel which shows in the fresh decor and fabric. the rooms are airy and the showers excellent. It is not a big hotel and there was no lift to the third floor. We were on 3rd floor at the front. I enjoyed the exercise. There is internet access and WiFi. There is a nice atmosphere to the place. Breakfast was not the usual fry. It was more continental but adequate. The staff were polite and helpful. Parking was a bit of a problem but we found free parking only 5 minutes away. The hotel is located close to everything. Train. Buses. Ferry and shops. My only issue was the noise at the front. I'm a light sleeper anyway but the street had a lot of traffic on it most of our stay. We both liked it and will return at some point.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of luggage go for room on lower floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Ranald Hotel. I'm sorry to hear that the noise was a slight issue. Due to being a town centre hotel, there can be a bit of noise from traffic throughout the night. I'm glad you will return to The Ranald and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Argyll & Bute
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My boyfriend & I booked our 2 night stay through a Groupon deal & were not dissapointed one bit. We were on the top floor & got shown personally to our room (I even got my bag carried which I thought was a nice old fashioned touch)
The room was clean & spacious with the BIGGEST bed I've slept in! We even had a sofa area with table & complimentary spring water & chocolates which were re stocked the next day when our room was cleaned.
The only down side was the bathroom. It was quite small in comparison to the rest of the room & only had a shower with not alot of room or places to put your toiletries. Also the shower door seemed to leak a bit leaving a bit of a puddle outside :/

Being a small metro hotel a full cooked breakfast wasnt available but they had a nice selection of cereals, fruit, yogurts, toast & the loveliest crossioants I've tasted. There was also a quirky menu which consisted of pancakes & syrup, porridge, filled bagles & baked eggs.

The staff were very friendly & helpfull and I will certainally book again the next time I'm up in Oban.

Room Tip: A handy hint is remember to lock your hotel room door when leaving & whilst in. Most places I...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hayley K, General Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you very much for leaving a review of The Ranald with the rest of TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Ranald Hotel, so much that you are going to return. I will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.