“Torlundy sister B & B”

Ranked #82 of 93 Oban B&B and Inns
Kincardine, United Kingdom
“Torlundy sister B & B”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Received a warm and very pleasant welcome from Margaret. Wanted somewhere decent to celebrate my 50th with my girlfriend. Was not let down. Had a very enjoyable 2 night stay 8th & 9th February. En-suite room was ideal size and very accommodating for our disabilities. An ideal setting for all the local amenities. Found staff very friendly and more than willing to tailor a hearty breakfast of your choice. Top class. Also worth commenting found the establishment very clean and spotless. Thanks for making a birthday special and look to be back in the future.

Room Tip: Just ask questions like we did and am certain Margaret will do her best by anyone.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William B
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Alderlea Guesthouse, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, i'm glad you enjoyed your stay. we try are very best and we are glad you where very satisfied. you where a pleasure to have. we look forward to seeing you in the future.
also very true all people have to do is ask and let me know little details that will help with you're stay . we do our up most to help our guests.
e.g certain dietry needs, or any special requirements. If We can help we most certainly will!

once again than you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Am still staying here after 3 weeks and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. Margaret was a pleasure on arrival and couldn't do more for me. My room (8) has exquisite views and am close to central Oban, 10 mins walk to Tesco/Trains/Coaches/Ferries (2 mins to Rick Steins fave Oban chippy). Am writing a book and both Margaret and Michelle leave me to my own devices and are so kind with excellent room service in an impeccably clean room. Stopped in hotels all over the planet ..this is my No1. Check out the free chocs in reception and the free wi-fi!

Room Tip: Room 8 ..the views are amazing, and very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Graham B
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. we are all happy to see you enjoying your stay.a pleasure to have thank you.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Even if the host was very nice and kind, we did'nt feel very well in this place. The room 3b was furnished in a very ugly way, carelessly. Especially the bathroom was terrible. For one night it was o.k. but for a longer stay we want recommend it. The breakfast was good, even if in the basement.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Albador
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Alderlea Guesthouse, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Hello there,
I am very sorry you feel that way about the room. Is a shame because slot of guests like that room.
I do understand that everyone does have different tastes.
The bathroom has a shower and toilet and basin and no other frills so, it is clean.
I do show all my guests the rooms before they accept and if the room wasn't for you then why upset yourself by staying there?
On the positive side thank you for saying the breakfast was good and as for it being in the basement level yes but doesn't look like just some old basement, its dinning room and is a dinning room setting regardless of what level it's on.
However i I take your comments on board and wish you all the best for the future
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2013

short walk to centre and motorbike friendly and private offroad motor cycle parking .
small room and bed but spotless ,reasonably priced.
Good choice of restaurants and cafes.
.Enjoyed our 2 nights in Oban

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TonyDodgson
glendale-guesthouse, Director at Alderlea Guesthouse, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again maybe in the future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was touring Scotland on my motorbike and Oban was my next overnight stay. I stood in reception, unshaven and road ravaged, and was offered what I wanted - a cheap single room for one night with breakfast. Room 8 is at the top of the house and has impressive views. T.V, shower, comfortable warm bed, tea/coffee. They even have motorbike parking. I didn't have an evening meal but it smelled fantastic. I had a good cooked breakfast and was served quickly. There are no soaps/shower gels etc or a glass but obviously there's a mug. Hey, what do you want for only thirty quid?! I'd definitely stay there again.
Dave Sanderson.

Room Tip: If my single room is the same standard as the rest, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Dave S
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Alderlea Guesthouse, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Hello there thank you very much for your comment, glad you had a nice stay! Hope to see you again maybe in the future.
Zagreb, Croatia
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed for one night while visiting Oban. The rooms were clean and comfortable (good bathroom) and the breakfasts were good too (set us up for a day in the Highlands). The price was good and although this B&B isn't really a luxury place, I don't think that is what it's aiming for - it's a decent place with a decent price.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank EdAlexander
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Alderlea Guesthouse, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
thank you very much for taking the opportunity to right your review. I am glad you had a nice stay.
you are right we do not aim to be a 5 star establishment. we are a family run guesthouse that welcomes everyone. with the current financial problems world wide we feel a clean room, comfort , good breakfast and all the neseseties needed i.e towels, tea/coffee making facilities, wardrobe space, hair dyers, flat screen t.v , iron and ironing board and most rooms being en-suite are what we offer for a great affordable price which you mentioned as well thank you. we feel for us to start putting luxury items in rooms will mean we have to increase our tariff which in turn would not help Alderlea house which the majority now a days prefer to go for the cheaper alternative. we how ever do not put our standards very low to achieve the great prices but compremise on having luxury furniture in the room. it was lovely to meet you and hope to meet you again some time in the future take care and once again thank you for your kind review.
Qormi - Malta
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Just to say thank you for your wonderfull hospitality at Alderlea. Not only the breakfast is wonderful but even evening meals at very good prices.
Margaret went extra miles when we encountered the problem of lost luggage. She handled the issue very well whilst we were enjoying a day in Inverary. Then, she was extremely helpfull in assisting us when my wife required medical attention. She managed to get us an appointment in minutes time. Andy? He is added value for the complex!!

Billy & Guzeppa
MALTA

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
glendale-guesthouse, Owner at Alderlea Guesthouse, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
hello to you both! hope all is well, thank you for this lovely review and i a so happy you enjoyed your stay as this is what we like to be the outcome of every ones stay. as for the luggage, i was only to happy to help,its my job, there would be no point in you going on holiday just to spend a day waiting for luggage!! :-) thrilled to have you both 2 years running and see you again soon, maybe a cheeky wee holiday to malta for me :-)