“Loved the Canton Duck”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

On our school trip to Scotland, we also stayed in Oban. After a long day driving around we looked for a nice place to enjoy dinner and decided to go to this Chinese restaurant. I really liked the Canton Duck I had. It tasted like Christmas. I highly recommend it!
Nevertheless, I have to say that the prices weren't that cheap and even a small cup of sweet chili sauce cost a lot. But all in all I enjoyed eating at Crystal Palace!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had a very large carry out from this restaurant, still very hot when we returned to our cottage, service really good, will be making a return visit in August

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here for the first time yesterday on the last day of our holiday. And since Oban is the capital of fresh seafood I choose the Mixed Seafood & Black Bean Sauce for a change.
The BBS was alright and scallops were quite nice but king pawns were quite hard & certainly not fresh (can you even catch them at Oban?) & the squid was very chewy, not like we've had in proper Oban seafood restaurants.
But apart from that it was OK.
Until I woke up with a start in the middle of the night and a mad dash to pray to the porcelain deity. Not once but a total of 3 times thru the night.
After a very broken sleep I had to drive 3hrs home so the last night just left a bitter taste (literally) and anti climax to our holiday.
Thanks Crystal Palace.
And to all prospective clients, stick to the real seafood experts of which there are plenty to choose from, but in future I'll be avoiding this place at all costs. You have been warned.

1  Thank JollyRocker
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We popped in here for lunch while visiting Oban. The young boy who greeted us was nice but the lady who served us didn't even look at us or say hello - we were made to feel very unwelcome and the food was undercooked and very poor. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

1  Thank VickiGib
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This clean and well decorated restaurant was close to our hotel so we decided to try it after our 5 hour ferry ride from Lochboisdale on South Uist.

It was quiet for a Saturday evening which surprised me once our visit was over.

We were shown to our table quickly by the very friendly staff. Our selections arrived quickly; the chicken and sweet corn soup was much better than one I'm used to at home.

My main course was delivered piping hot and tasty.

It's a great place with a fantastic view of the harbour.