“Three days of great kayaking!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 18 Outdoor Activities in Oban
Stornoway, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Three days of great kayaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I went to Sea Kayaking Scotland for three days of one to one instruction. As someone who has kayaked for a few years I was looking to hone my skills and develop new ones.

Ken Lacey proved to be an excellent instructor. After assessing my skill level he provided me with three days of detailed technical instruction at a pace which was suitable for me, whilst at the same time managing to make it very relaxed and a lot of fun. Current skills were improved and new ones were learnt. I will definitely be back for more!

Seil is an excellent location for sea kayaking instruction, you have the calm waters of the old quarries which are now open to the sea, a wonderful rocky coastline with more exciting sea conditions and some challenging but achievable sea currents. There really is something there for a kayaker of any ability - beginner to experienced.

Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An amazing day out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was lucky enough to have friends who bought me this intro day to kayaking for my birthday. The three of us had a fabulous time out on the water with Midge, a really great instructor. He taught us everything we needed to learn to be out there safely, and then let us get on with it, without hovering over us or making a fuss, but still there to provide instruction when necessary. We were amazed at how much we learnt in one day, and with the stunning backdrop of the West Coast of Scotland, it was truly memorable!!! Highly recommended!

Oban, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely day in Seil Sound and Puldoran”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

A reintroduction to sea kayaking after 20 years and I remember why I used to love it so much. The whole trip was well organised by Sea Kayak Scotland, our instructor Midge was excellent and the scenery left nothing to be desired. That closeness to nature that you can't get any other way, the challenge of controlling your kayak and the great feeling of satisfaction at the end of the trip of a day well spent. I will definitely be returning.

Oban, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing day with Sea Kayak Scotland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Organised a beginners day of kayaking with Sea Kayak Scotland as a birthday present for a friend. The first time around was cancelled due to wild weather so yesterday we went. What a fabulous experience. Two out of the three of us had never kayaked before, and the third a good few years ago, but our instructor Midge was patient, knowledgeable and fun. We could not have enjoyed our day more with stunning locations, fantastic company and enough of a challenge to leave us trying to figure out when we can next go. I would thoroughly recommend Sea Kayak Scotland for their professionalism and personal attention to detail and their welcome and enthusiasm for what they do.