“A Haven And a Breath of Fresh Air!”
Review of Aulay's Bar

Aulay's Bar
Ranked #1 of 7 Nightlife in Oban
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Due to the pre-Easter travelers, we struggled to find a place to eat in Oban. One hotel offered a two course meal at £17 a head. Wow, that's almost $30... We saw Aulay's Bar, and decided to try. After walking through the public bar, we were a little apprehensive when we settled in the Lounge bar, but we needn't have been. The staff were friendly and excellent service was the order. We had an excellent meal for three of us for under £24 including drinks - the fish was wonderful. A major bonus was that children are not allowed in ... what utter bliss!
Personally, I would gladly pay over the odds for any meal without screaming children and babies. I have to wonder how parents can afford such 'luxuries' in these days of so-called hardships.
Back to the plot. Excellent Aulay's, what a breath of fresh air!

1  Thank BuckaneerFlorida

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Anytime that I visit Oban, I always spend a couple of hours in Aulays Bar. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. I can only describe things as I have found them. There are a good selection of beers/lagers etc. My wife and I last visited this pub on 26th February 2014 and we did have a bite to eat. We ordered home made steak pie with potatoes, vegetables and gravy. Absolutely first class food and service. I will be heading here again on my next visit to Oban.

1  Thank tony5998
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Its like out of a movie where someone walks into the bar and everything stops and everyone turns round and stares as they don't recognise you. Not a very welcoming bar and definitely not a nice, quiet, or romantic place to go for a few drinks. Stayed for one, drank it quickly and got out of there.

5  Thank Rikki C
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

She says:- it's a drinking man's pub. Friendly, quite small. Has two sides with the bar and lounge areas. OK but only stayed for a pint.
He says:- first pint was a bit off, but they replaced it with no quibbles. If you want a drink and natter with the older locals then this is the place for you. Small and inoffensive.

1  Thank SallyKT
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The rain was pouring down so we stepped into Aulay's for shelter and discovered a little gem. Warm, welcoming and traditional, staff friendly and place clean. So much so that in the 4 days we were in Oban we stopped in each day, loved it good mix of locals and tourists. Would definitely recommend and visit again. Oh, and hubby says great pint of Lager.