“And now for something completely different”
Review of Merlin Trike Tours

Merlin Trike Tours
Ranked #9 of 19 Tours in Oban
More attraction details
Owner description: Merlin Trike Tours are based in Oban on the west coast of Scotland. We offer chauffeur driven tours and trips around the beautiful lochs and glens of the Highlands. But these are trips with a difference – your transport is a trike, which will give you a fantastic open air experience as you enjoy the fabulous scenery on your ultimate road trip.It’s fun, it’s safe and it’s suitable for most ages.
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We booked this trip at short notice but Chris was very accommodating and was willing to fit in around the weather if rain threatened. He was very attentive to our comfort and safety and so we could simply enjoy the scenery and experience the joy of the ride on his beautiful trike.
We would like to book a longer ride next time. Thanks Chris and good luck

1  Thank Marilyn C

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I booked a one hour trip as a surprise for my daughter's 13th birthday and we loved it. On the day of the booking Chris phoned to give us the option of delaying our trip until later in the day when the weather was due to improve or going out in the rain with the wet weather gear on. We opted for the former.

Chris arrived bang on time with the trike decked out in balloons and Happy Birthday banners which miraculously stayed on for the entire trip. Having been in and around Oban a few times before we were familiar with the area and were looking forward to the experience of being out on a trike. However, it turns out we only thought we knew the area and Chris took us off the beaten track giving us interesting commentary along the way of the various sights.

Being first-timers on a trike Chris made sure that we were comfortable and at ease, even taking some pictures for us on our phones. This was a fantastic experience and whilst it was our first time on the trike it certainly won't be our last.

My daughter and I highly recommend this unique Oban experience for both new visitors and those who have been to Oban many times.

2  Thank Josephine R
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Myself and my wife booked a trip with Merlin Trike Tours as an alternative way to enjoy the scenery of this beautiful area
We didn't really know what to expect, but upon meeting Chris the driver, who has an infectious personality, we were immediately at ease, and enjoyed every minute of his wonderful tour, and his company
His knowledge of the area is unbeatable, and allowed us to see places and attractions which we haven't seen before, on our many visits to this area
The day tour was wonderful, enjoying ourselves so much, the time passed only too quickly
We will definately be booking another tour the next time we return to this wonderful town
THIS TOUR IS A MUST IF YOUR IN THE AREA

1  Thank taylorfamilyben
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My daughter and her fiancé went on the one hour Oban - Benderloch Trike Tour today, as part of her birthday gift from myself. They had an amazing time. I was very impressed with the whole experience. Booking and communication prior to the Tour is excellent, including a telephone call the day before to finalise and check arrangements. The Trike and equipment ( waterproof clothing, helmet and gloves) are top class. Chris was superb, ensuring all was safe and correct before my daughter and her fiancé left. They said the whole experience was fantastic and were treated to about 10-15 minutes extra as it was my daughter's birthday. I think this is an excellent tourist resource for Oban and wish Chris all the very best as he embarks on this venture full time.

1  Thank LaneyBOban
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We took the taster tour around Oban. It was brilliant. Chris was very attentive making sure we were safe and comfortable and very knowledgable. We saw Oban with a whole new perspective. Amazing views over the town from McCaigs Tower without the long climb up! We felt like royalty as the trike got a lot of attention with loads of people smiling and waving. Would definitely go for a longer tour next time we visit, a great way to see the area from a different viewpoint.

1  Thank Sue B