“Good food and atmosphere, only let down by food ordering. ”
Review of The Lamrig - CLOSED

The Lamrig
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Generous and delicious portions of food (the pulled pork burger and fish and chips are excellent) with friendly staff and a good atmosphere. The only disappointment was that on the first occasion our order was forgotten and on the second part of the order was wrong. In each case though the staff were very apologetic and offered a free round of drinks and the incorrect order was offered free of charge in addition to bringing out the correct order.

There are newer reviews for The Lamrig

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Having considered 3 other restaurants in the vicinity on the evening of our visit, we chose The Lamrig based on the comprehensive menu and reasonable prices shown on the sign outside the door. My company consisted of myself, my partner and a visiting friend from Belgium...so a real mix of requirements were needed on the food front. We arrived about 7.30pm-8pm after a long day and were delighted to find the bar not only serving food until 9pm but serving fresh local seafood dishes. On entering, we found a large, airy room with very few customers. There were a couple eating dinner and a few people scattered round the bar having drinks. Very peaceful and relaxed atmosphere without any intrusive music. A female member of staff greeted us almost immediately and provided menus. Drinks were served quickly and we were given ample time to peruse our food choices before the order was taken. I had an absolutely mouth watering burger created from layers of chicken goujons accompanied on the side by the most divine cubed potato fries in a miniature basket and a wee dish of coleslaw, all served on a chunky wooden platter rather than a plate. Unusual but well presented. My fiance had fish and chips which doesn't even begin to describe what was put in front of him...two huge pieces of fish and he ran out of adjectives to explain how mouth wateringly good they were. I can't recall what my friend had but she was also thoroughly pleased with the quality of the food. Despite the time we weren't rushed at all. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and polite and the young man who served our meals and second round of drinks was very accommodating of all of our requests. All in all, great grub, super value and comfortable surroundings. Very, very impressed and would highly recommend.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had dinner here on our recent trip and overall thought that it was a pretty good place to have dinner. 2 orders of scallops and I had a burger. Interesting presentation of the meal. Good food and good service.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We recently went as a family to the Lamrig, we were limited where we could go as we had a dog with us, so this was one of our only options.

There was a horrible smell outside, in the decking area, smelt like drains so we moved in by the pool table. To be honest we were not expecting great food...

We ordered a large portion of muscles to share to start with, they were absolutely delicious!

I ordered the fish cakes for my main, they did not look very appetising to say the least!! As soon as I cut into them it was obvious these are completely home made, they were DELICIOUS! Flakes of salmon and hake, beautiful flavours! Yum!

A great pub, with great food!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our B&B (Don Muir) host recommended Lamrig as one of dinner suggestions and we weren't disappointed. I had a chicken goujon burger (proper goujons too!) with cube chips which were yum and my partner had the pulled pork burger with sweet potato fries which were also yum!

The staff were great and the prices reasonable (£8-10 for each main meal). The atmosphere was lovely-just right for a chilled evening meal but we could also see why it was a popular place for live music etc.

Our only gripe was that after dinner, another customer asked us to move up a table so that a table of 4 could be made out of two smaller tables. We didn't have a problem with this at all and were more than happy too but would have preferred it if staff had asked us.

That said, it made no difference to our evening whatsoever and we would definitely eat here again if ever we're up that way.