“Whisky tasting”
Review of The Lamrig - CLOSED

The Lamrig
Cuisines: American, British, Scottish, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Llanfair Caereinion, United Kingdom
“Whisky tasting”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Hubbie & I visited having seen adverts for whisky tasting nights. We thoroughly enjoyed the event which is on Monday eves through the summer & was very informative & fun. We had arranged to order food after the event as this would be quite late. Although this did cause some confusion the staff bent over backwards to accommodate us & I can confirm that the sticky toffee pudding was one of the best I've tasted!

London, United Kingdom
“Crab Sandwiches were off the menu.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Called in here while on a coach trip and spotted the menu board advertising crab sandwiches. We ordered some drinks and sat down to check the menu again. I decided on the crab but was soon told that crab sandwiches we off. We have salmon though I was told. When it came there was a generous amount of salad and two door stop sandwiches. The sandwich was filled with even more lettuce and the salmon was barely visible. I should have complained but we didn't have a lot of time as the coach was due to depart. I have just cleared out my wallet and noticed that the sandwich was in fact Smoked Salmon which explains the lack of fish. The waiter never stated Smoke Salmon and if he did I wouldn't have ordered it. The premises were dark and dingy and not welcoming. Smokers smoke from the outside verandah seating was also evident inside the pub. Never again.

Perth, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and atmosphere, only let down by food ordering. ”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Generous and delicious portions of food (the pulled pork burger and fish and chips are excellent) with friendly staff and a good atmosphere. The only disappointment was that on the first occasion our order was forgotten and on the second part of the order was wrong. In each case though the staff were very apologetic and offered a free round of drinks and the incorrect order was offered free of charge in addition to bringing out the correct order.

Livingston, United Kingdom
“The Best of Pub Food”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Having considered 3 other restaurants in the vicinity on the evening of our visit, we chose The Lamrig based on the comprehensive menu and reasonable prices shown on the sign outside the door. My company consisted of myself, my partner and a visiting friend from Belgium...so a real mix of requirements were needed on the food front. We arrived about 7.30pm-8pm after a long day and were delighted to find the bar not only serving food until 9pm but serving fresh local seafood dishes. On entering, we found a large, airy room with very few customers. There were a couple eating dinner and a few people scattered round the bar having drinks. Very peaceful and relaxed atmosphere without any intrusive music. A female member of staff greeted us almost immediately and provided menus. Drinks were served quickly and we were given ample time to peruse our food choices before the order was taken. I had an absolutely mouth watering burger created from layers of chicken goujons accompanied on the side by the most divine cubed potato fries in a miniature basket and a wee dish of coleslaw, all served on a chunky wooden platter rather than a plate. Unusual but well presented. My fiance had fish and chips which doesn't even begin to describe what was put in front of him...two huge pieces of fish and he ran out of adjectives to explain how mouth wateringly good they were. I can't recall what my friend had but she was also thoroughly pleased with the quality of the food. Despite the time we weren't rushed at all. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and polite and the young man who served our meals and second round of drinks was very accommodating of all of our requests. All in all, great grub, super value and comfortable surroundings. Very, very impressed and would highly recommend.

Pittsburgh, PA
“Good Pub Food”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We had dinner here on our recent trip and overall thought that it was a pretty good place to have dinner. 2 orders of scallops and I had a burger. Interesting presentation of the meal. Good food and good service.