Thornloe Guest House
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bfour poster bedlovely hometown centremagnificent viewoban baywe've stayedbreakfast was excellentwatching the boatsroom was spotlesstop floora lovely staybed and breakfastwarm welcomewithin easy walking distanceblack puddingsmoked salmon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Can not fault this beautiful guest house. Everything was spotless and fresh. We stayed 2 nights in a beautiful room with a magnificent sea view. Very welcoming and everything you could possible want ...parking, excellent breakfast, central location, quiet and of course clean. I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 3 ...fabulous views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hefe17
Reviewed 15 August 2013

On my first trip to Scotland, this was one of the hotels that I stayed at. I only wish I had stayed more than one night because my room was amazing! I had a beautiful view of the bay, a 4 poster bed, the room was bright, beautiful and clean. Breakfast was so good, and Val was an amazing host. I love this hotel. If I make it back to Oban, this will be the place that I stay. Oban was a beautiful location with friendly people. Definitely visit Oban and stay at Thornloe if you are visiting Scotland!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Allie P
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The room was clean and fresh and bedding and towels where first rate.. We slept very well.

The breakfast was also excellent with a good range to choose from.

If we come that way again we will definately stay again and we;ve already reccommended it to other friends.

One word for our stay at the Thornloe. SUPERB. ;-)

Room Tip: The service is so good here that I think any room would be appreciated.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mistresswinckle
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed here for one night last Friday. Was contacted by the owner by email a few days before our stay as they would be away on our estimated time of arrival. It was offered to leave a key behind for us, but as we wanted to leave the car and look around it was no problem at all for us. We had room 7 on the top floor with a great view over Oban. Lots of space in the room, and separate living room area. Breakfast in the morning was hearty indeed with a good choice. We certainly didnt leave hungry! Was very happy with the stay and would definitely choose to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank goldengraham99
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We stayed here for three nights in late July and it was just wonderful. We had rooms 5 and 6 (which has an especially magnificent view of Oban), which were spotless. Great location as well - just a very short and pleasant walk and you're in downtown Oban. We loved the breakfasts and Alan and Val were very helpful in providing directions when needed. They couldn't have been nicer. We will definitely be staying here again the next time we visit Oban, (which will hopefully be sooner rather than later).

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family