Ulva Villa Guest House
US$169
US$161
US$156
Oban Youth Hostel(Oban)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$166
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgarden roomcomfortable roomstown centreone night staybed and breakfaststay there againtescoscotsferryscotlandiona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Ulva Villa. It was really clean and comfortable, with a nice breakfast (I really liked the fruit plate!). The hosts were very friendly, and were very accommodating when I changed my arrival time on short notice. We would rebook on a return to Oban!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca C
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I may be a little unfair in my review of Ulva but having spent a couple of nights on the west coast in a different B&B/Guest House on each night I am comparing them against each other. Regretfully Ulva came second in the 2 horse race. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with Ulva however I feel they ticked all the boxes but I felt this was all that was happening and there was no passion, flair, style about delivering the guest experience. The room was clean and comfortable however very small, the same could be said about the breakfast room. The whole time I felt I was travelling on a package holiday aircraft and had to have by elbows tucked in at all times in case I bumped into my neighbour. The TV in the room was at such an angle and of poor quality that all you could see was shadow - the wall bracket was fixed so there was no adjustment - this was an example of ticking the box, yes it does have a TV, but little thought into how useable and pleasant this would be for the guest experience. This was my impression for mant aspects of my stay. On a very positive note the breakfast was very good and the price was fair. If in Oban again I would probably choose to try something else other than rebook - sorry Ulva.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ljmr
Reviewed 30 July 2013

good location within 10 minute walk to city centre, spotlessly clean, very nice ans tasty interiors, the owners are very helpful, warm and friendly, I would recommend this place to anyone going to Oban!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 801Traveller801
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Very welcoming clean and tidy good breakfast landlady very helpful and gave us a lot off information the only thing the traffic to near the front door the price was inexpensive and reasonable car park at the back

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Isobel T
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Lovely little B+B, only a five minute walk from the centre of the town and the train station. I was staying in the Garden House which was a little separate house in the garden. The room was very nice- spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was lovely, there was a good choice and was freshly cooked. I had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and it was delicious- very high quality ingredients and a very pleasant little dining room. The lady who owns the place was extremely friendly and helpful, even when I arrived quite late at night (10pm). I would highly recommend staying here, I will be going back.

Room Tip: Request the Garden Room- is very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo