Lochvoil House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Oban
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bsuperb viewsprivate parkingroom was largestayed for nightsharbourhosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Although we booked quite late and missed out on the rooms with a sea view, we had an excellent stay here. Clean, quiet, comfortable, friendly and welcoming.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WhycantIbemyself
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We arrived to a lovely warm welcome from Sheila who really made us feel at home. The rooms were clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The location is perfect, a short (steep) walk from the town centre, and the garden has beautiful views of town and sea. Sheila was very helpful in terms of local information on places to eat and to visit. Food was delicious - and the children particularly enjoyed the homemade banana bread! We would definitely return if visiting Oban again and have already recommended to friends.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Had a wonderful stay at Lochvoil with Sheila & Kenneth recently. We chose the Sea View room which was gorgeous, had a really comfy bed and nice views across the harbour and out towards Kerrera. They also dished up a fabulous breakfast with home made breads...we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BP247
Reviewed 1 March 2011

Our stay at Lochvoil House was perhaps one of the best stays we had whilst in Scotrland. Clean and comfortable rooms, beautiful antiques - the garden was immaculate and sitting there with a cup of tea or a glass of good South African wine was about as good as it gets. Great views of Oban and the harbour with the ferries coming and going and within easy walking distance of the town. Surfeit of parking available on site.

Sheila was the perfect host, the food was good but I would have liked to see Mallaig Kippers on the menu. I would recommend Lochvoil House to anyone and I would definitely stay there again were I ever to travel that way again.

Barry & Gail Martin
Cape Town
South Africa

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2010

I actually think that the 'terrible' reviewer may have stayed here. We could see elements of 'Basil' in the owner. Well meaning, but didn't really listen. Example: we asked to have breakfast at 8.00 as we wanted an early start - he told us we wouldn't need to have it then and told his wife 8.15 - which caused a bit of confusion between them the next morning. Having said that, they were both very helpful. One thing that bemused me was that there was no option with the hot breakfast - I actually asked Mr ?? about breakfast as I don't eat meat, but was told that I wouldn't get poached eggs the next morning - which I didn't - I was served with fried ones... but the table next to us had poached.... go figure!! However, the food was lovely and Sheila's home baking is superb.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family