We were referred to this hotel by Oban TIC. It is a really nice hotel attractive took at, well decorated, and excellent food. The full Scottish breakfast included both haggis and black pudding as well as the other usual ingredients. The propietor was friendly and welcoming and went and went out of her way to help. The views from the dining room were fantastic looking over Gonavan Sands.
However, we had had told TIC that I needed a ground floor room and I needed to be able to get into the property in my wheelchair. Unfortunately there are 6 steps to the front which I might just have managed if there had been handrails. The side entrance was two patio doors with a central post which made each side too narrow to get a wheelchair through and a lip which was extremely difficult to get over as I wear a full-length caliper on my left leg and cannot bend it. The bedroom itself was very compact so the chair had to be folded down and I used sticks in the bedroom. The shower room was standard which meant that I could not use the shower. The following morning the path to the dining room was cluttered and had to be decluttered before we could get past in the wheelchair.A place had been set in the dining room had been set which allowed the wheelchair to go i wihout any problems and the breakfast service was excellent.
If I was not disabled, I would say it was a perfect hotel. I only wish the landlady had been told I was a wheelchair user so I could have had the information to make an informed decision as to whether this was suitable. I think it was the TIC that was at fault not the landlady who went out of her wat to be welcoming
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alltavona House is situated on Oban's select Corran esplanade overlooking Oban Bay and the surrounding Islands. Alltavona is a family run guest house famed for its warm and friendly atmosphere. Guests arriving at Alltavona for the first time, are immediately aware that this is a house of outstanding quality, where no effort has been spared to provide a level of elegance and refinement in keeping with its original character. Magnificent unobstructed views. Four star Visit Scotland Tourist Board Grading and Four star AA Grading. Ten minutes walk into town,queit location ,private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Alltavona Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alltavona Guest House Hotel Oban
- Alltavona Guest House Oban, Scotland