Superb location with a view above the roofs of Oban To the Firth and the isles beyond - especially stunning as the sun drops adding colour to the moored yachts and harbour.
The location, although elevated above the town, was in reality, only 5 minutes away walking down a lane from the front garden
Our room (6) was spacious and comfortable with an en suite toilet and shower; the wash hand basin was, unusually, in the actual bedroom set into a roomy washstand with a granite top - lots of space for my wife's lotions and potions. The room was attractively decorated and furnishings/carpeting were in good condition. There was no noise from neighbouring rooms but a bit of activity from above with noisy floorboards - a penalty with this type of accommodation. Our only criticism was the absence of a toilet brush - should be there for hygiene.
Morven was the perfect hostess - always cheerful and smiling with a ready joke. Breakfast was ordered the previous evening and proved to be well prepared and filling; but how I hate those portion control condiment and preserve sachets. Well done, Morven, on providing sweetners - not many places do.
Well done, guys, a really great, great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthornbank Guest House is a delightful Victorian villa built in 1873. It is pleasantly situated in a slightly elevated position, nd have many rooms with spectacular views of Oban bay. We are close to Oban town centre yet in a quiet residential setting. There is off-street parking and a footpath leads from the front garden towards the town. We have facilities for bicycles and welcome cyclists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hawthornbank Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthornbank Guest House Hotel Oban
- Hawthornbank Guest House Oban, Scotland