“A lovely warm and friendly welcome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Feorlin B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oban
Feorlin B&B
Ranked #51 of 99 Oban B&B and Inns
Newport
“A lovely warm and friendly welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

I stayed in Feorlin earlier this week and was delighted to have found this Bed and Breakfast. The room was of a very high standard and exceptionally clean and comfortable. Lorna made me feel very welcome even helping me out when a taxi I had booked didn't arrive and I needed to be somewhere. My breakfast was perfectly cooked and the homemade preserve lovely. Definitely one I would choose to visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear TheresaNewport

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It was most unusual for a taxi not to turn up and I was glad I was able to help to get you to your appointment in time. We hope to see you again when you move to Scotland soon..

I very much appreciate it when guests take time to write a review as it is a great help for my business.

Thanks again
Lorna & Colin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Modena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013

My boyfriend (English) and myself (Italian) were recommended this place by another B&B which had no vacancies over New Years 2012-13 .. what a stroke of luck!! Our stay in this accomodation rates in our top five lists of B&B (and we have stayed in many in the past years): Spotlessly clean, a bed you could die for and a breakfast that would keep you going all day.
Our hosts, Lorna and Colin could not have been more helpfull, especially considering it was New Year and we were made to feel very welcome, just like being home.
We would definetly recommend this place, and the 15 minute walk from the centre that is just what you need after a night at the pub.
Thanks for the great stay Lorna & Colin.

Room Tip: Ideal for couples as well as for family with a child as the accomodation consists of one large bedro...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Have just noticed you review and wow - how complimentary! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay over New Year. As I told you I don't normally take visitors at this time but I was so glad we opened for you as you turned out to be the "perfect guests"

I hope you had a nice time on your visit to Skye and that I's cold did not last!. May we wish you both a happy, healthy 2013

Lorna and Colin
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

Recently whilst on holidayin Oban,we stayed at Feorlin a delightful b & b owned by Lorna & Colin Campbell,we thoroughly recommend the experience. Feorlin, was warm,clean an comfortable. The breakfast was excellent,certainly you would struggle to eat lunch later on. Lorna and Colin were friendly and helpful,wanting us to enjoy our stay in Scotland,which we most certainly did. We would not hesitate to stay there again. Richard&Jennie Oxfordshire

Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Richard and Jennie

We were so pleased to read that you appreciated our efforts to help you enjoy your week's stay with us. Colin is delighted to have been "mentioned in dispatches" as he usually unseen and unsung! We were slightly concerned about the kind of weather you would get as I know you would really have preferred to have come a wee bit earlier. However if I remember correctly you only got one really bad day during your stay in Oban.

Thanks again for taking the trouble to submit your lovely review and hope you will come again.

Lorna and Colin Campbell
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

we found Feorlin to be the best B & B we stayed in during our recent 3 week trip in Scotland. Lorna was the perfect host, serving wonderful breakfasts and a lovely touch was that most of the menu was home grown or home made. We were made most welcome and found our accommodation to be very spacious, comfortable and clean. We look forward to returning in the future and would thoroughly recommend it to any one. Thank you Lorna for helping make our trip so enjoyable

Room Tip: Follow Lornas' instructions on how to get there as some parts of the street are not named.
Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Richard

Thank you so much for your great review. What a tremendous accolade you gave us as "Best B and B" you stayed at during your 3 week anniversary trip. We are so pleased you enjoyed your overnight stay at Feorlin.

I hope you do manage to come again even if it is a very long flight to get here.

Very best wishes to you and D.

Caernarfon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We felt that we had to congratulate you on running a superb B & B. Our stay with you was memorable for all the right reasons. Peacefully quiet location, immaculate room, comfy bed, and a breakfast that could not be beaten anywhere. There were also numerous thoughtful touches, such as electric blanket, free wi-fi, homemade preserves, and comprehensive choices at breakfast.

You made us feel like family friends...not paying guests.

Robin & Andrea S.

Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Robin and Andrea S

Thank you so much for submitting your positive review saying how much you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to know that we seem to be getting most things right as not all guests fully realize the amount of effort that has to be put in to keep everything to a consistently high standard.

You will always be welcomd back.
Very best wishes

Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

We stayed for one night whilst on our way over to the outer islands in September.

The host was very welcoming and accommodating- we took breakfast late due to our late arrival the night before. Under the poor comment it is mentioned there is only one room. I don't see this as a bad thing. It makes the b and b very private and you don't overhear other guests. If you have children it is well suited as the double bedroom joins a single.

The room is really well stocked with tea, coffee and hot chocolate and breakfast was the best of our stay in Scotland so far. Porridge, yogurt and home made compote and jams, cereals and cooked breakfast.

It is only a ten minute walk from the train station and bus station so whilst there isn't a view as such it is well located.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank joannainbristol
Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Dear Joannainbristol

Thank you very much for posting your speedy and very complimentary review. I was delighted to read that your thought our breakfast was the best you had (so far) during your holiday in Scotland.
To receive praise like that makes all our efforts worthwhile. It was lovely to meet you and your partner and I hope you enjoyed the rest of you Island hopping holiday.

Lorna and Colin
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

My husband and I recently had a relaxing and enjoyable 9 night stay at Feorlin. Lorna made us feel very welcome and we found her local knowledge interesting and useful. Her cooked Scottish breakfasts were delicious and she happily altered the ingredients each morning to give us variety over the course of our stay. My husband loved the black pudding in particular, and I couldn't get enought of the home made preserve. Our room was spacious, clean and serviced to the highest standard every day. The kingsize bed was comfortable and the ensuite had an excellent shower. We also found the free Wi-Fi handy.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Granny-Oban, Owner at Feorlin B&B, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Dear Linda

Thanks for taking time to write your complimentary review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your holiday and to hear that you appreciated my efforts with the breakfasts variations. It was a pleasure having you to stay and in fact I remember telling you that you were the "guests from heaven" - I already had some from the "other place" earlier this year.. I hope you will come back again and maybe manage to complete your list of 26 walks!

It was lovely to meet you.