“Excellent seafood”

Price range: US$21 - US$48
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ee-usk is a modern glass building sitting right by the water in the busy harbour of Oban.We believe in serving impeccably fresh local seafood cooked simply. We are unable to accommodate children under 12 years of age for dinner.
Chichester
“Excellent seafood”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We found ourselves in Oban for supper and chose Ee-usk as it was near where we had tea in the rain and overlooked the harbour. we all (4) of us enjoyed our meal and although the restaurant was busy we think they drafted in extra staff ( new arrivals not in uniform) so the service was very efficient but we didn't feel hurried. We were upstairs and could see the tBles at the edge downstairs -I think some of them may have had 3 sittings by the time we left. Thoroughly recommended!

Visited May 2014

• Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
“Super food, super service and relaxed - this is what we like!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The food was excellent, and this busy place was easy to come with our hikers' clothes, none of the stiffiness of some Edinburgh restaurants. The young waitresses were so friendly and cute, and the food was excellent: I ate oysters two nights in a row! Will go there again, if I ever find myself in Oban again. With shallot-red vinegar sauce, not with lemon!

• Visited April 2014
london
“Just another seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

As soon as we entered we were greeted by friendly smiling manager, got us a seat next to the window which was nice. That's where it ends, the menu is boring and simple. None of the food in this place stands out, its no different to the food you could get down the road at a stall. My other half ordered Lobster, options were cold or warm. So clearly all the stuff is pre-cooked and dished out when ordered. What happed to the option of having a Lobster grilled. How about the option to any anything grilled, been eating seafood long enough to know id like to try it differently. How about the option to have food actually cooked as you wait? Let's move to the service section. Lots of friendly staff potting about but it works much better if staff were assigned a section. We felt harassed as we were asked by 3 different waiting staff if we wanted drinks, even after ordering drinks we had staff asking if we wanted drinks. Same went for food too many waiters asking, giving different information ruined our experience. Waiting staff mixed up order between half and whole lobster but being so disorganised I can see why it happened..

In conclusion nothing special for the price, nothing that really stands out... pretty boring unexciting menu. Service is unorganised and harassed at times.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank mclizpa
Galashiels
“Good food but with a few shortcomings ”
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I am a lover of seafood and rarely get the opportunity to sample it as freshly as I would like. The Ee-usk offers an entire plethora of freshly prepared seafood and fish dishes which arrive from the sea to your plate.

I sampled the muscles to start with which were good, one of the more reasonably priced items available as well! For my main I had scallops which were cooked to perfection! They were served with delicious accompaniments including a savoury mash and creamy sauce.

Service was friendly, however, quite clumsy and a little unorganised. For example we arrived over half an hour early as part of a large party and while waiting for our fellow diners nobody was offered a drink for nearly 40 minutes! As someone who has worked in hospitality I couldn't understand this as it appeared rather unattentive and lacked basic level of service you would receieve in much cheaper restaurants. At £5 for a large glass of wine and a party of 11 I would have thought it would been a very profitable exercise to keep the table regularly topped up with drinks as and when required.

To add insult to injury on this matter a 10% service charge was automatically added to our bill as we had a party larger than 8 people. Despite this other basics were ignored such as the provision of ample amounts of water, we had to request this 3 times and for a party of 11 only 1 jug of water was provided at the end of the table which regularly prompted a game of pass the water down the table, interrupting other party members meals.

I also have to wonder whether the food was worth the price as I ate a cornucopia of fresh seafood at another seafood restaurant on the Isle of mull which was considerable cheaper with much better food.

Pros: good fresh produce, nice ambiance

Cons: expensive for what it is (in comparison to local competition), not the best service given the prices and service charges applied

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant. Beautiful sea views. The staff were excellent, the front of house manager was exceptional. The food was amazing, not cheap at £72 for a starter for 2, 2 main meals and a bottle of wine but certainly worth every penny. I would dine here again in a heartbeat.

Visited May 2014