“Great B and B”

Ranked #8 of 11 Galashiels B&B and Inns
Bonnyrigg, United Kingdom
“Great B and B”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Having been let down by a hotel in Galashiels at the last minute we were booked into this lovely B and B.Mr and Mrs Field were so welcoming.our room was at the back of the house so very quiet.Very comfortable bed and yummy breakfast.Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: A room at the back is quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ronandnel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My first experience with a B & B was more then good. This was the beginning of a 30-day tour through Scotland. And this was a very good B & B. Mr. and Mrs. Field are very friendly and very helpful. Definitely a place to come back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Friendly owner of this small B&B, which is located very close to a busy road. Our room was nearest the road, and a bit noisy because of the high volume of traffic. En suite bathroom was small but adequate. One floor layout made access easy. Parking was a challenge - off-road, but very close to the road and an adventure to back out when leaving.

Room Tip: If possible, book a room away from the road side of the house, due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I stayed here in August 2012 on the second night of the coasts and castles bike ride before the final leg to Edinburgh. Due to a number of mishaps, detours and ridiculously strong buffeting winds, I didnt arrive until 9:30pm, 2.5 hours after my estimated time of arrival. As it was dark, I had slight difficulty finding the accomodation (it didnt help that I was on the wrong part of Abbotsford road!) but was very glad to be welcomed inside after 2 phone calls to find the right part of the road. The owner didn't seem too annoyed that it was late and as I'd not stopped anywhere for dinner and had cycled 75miles, she made me a simple snack of sandwich and crisps! This was most welcome as was the lovely hot shower. I slept very well and enjoyed a vegetarian breakfast. My bike was stored in the back garden tied to the washing line (luckily it didnt rain!) and this b and b set me up for the final 62 mile day. I had arrived with no cash, but on finding that i couldnt pay with card, the owner took me to the nearest cash point and back in her car to save extra cycling for me! Thank you :)

Room Tip: The bed and breakfast does not accept card payments-have other methods ready as the nearest cash poi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had a brilliant stay, made far easier as the owners kindly allowed us to have our well behaved dog in the room with us.

The room and en suite bathroom were clean and very comfortable. The breakfasts were also excellent and well deserving of the praise I've seen here and elsewhere.

For other dog owners - the location was also very handy as there's a park just around the corner.

Overall, we were very impressed by the room, facilities, service and consideration and we would certainly recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We were greeted at the door on our arrival by Mr Field, a warm friendly welcome it was too!!
He showed us to our rooms and they were very clean with plain decor and a flat screen tv.We met Mrs Field later and nothing was too much trouble for her.She asked what time we would want breakfast and what we would like to eat.My Mum being veggie ordered poached eggs on toast,they looked fantastic.I ordered a full scottish with black pudding,no black pudding,
I was told, but she would put Haggis on instead. The breakfast was cooked to perfection! One of the best I've ever had.Great place to stay.Mr Field recommened a hotel down the road for an evening meal and that was very reasonbley priced and excellent food.He also said if we wanted a takeaway we could eat it in the dining room.Look forward to another stay in the near future.Nothing was too much trouble for this loverly couple!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2009

i stayed there over a weekend in may, for a golf weekend along with 3 other friends.
from the moment we arrived our hostess made it clear that she wanted us to be comfortable and with that brought us a tray of refreshments. the rooms were very clean, comfortable and quiet. we all slept well and in the morning were greeted with a good choice for breakfast. we all elected to go for the " full breakfast"! goodness me, i dont think i have ever had a breakfast like it!!!!! in one word, AMAZING! mrs field, the hostess, prides herself on making your stay as comfortable and memorable as possible. i have no problem in giving her establishment 100% ! i will be back !

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galashiels
Heatherlie House Hotel
#4 of 7 in Melrose
Binniemyre Guest House
Binniemyre Guest House
#4 of 11 in Galashiels

Been to Ettrickvale B&B? Share your experiences!