“Outstanding B&B - the best I have ever stayed in”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galashiels
Hawthornbank Guest House
Ranked #2 of 11 Galashiels B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding B&B - the best I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed at this B&B for one night on business. From the very start the host was friendly and welcoming without being too overbearing (which some B&B owners can be!). My room (and my colleagues room) was furnished to a very high standard. Everything we needed was there (and more!). Huge flat screen tv, comfy bed, fluffy towels, tastefully modern decorated room with character and style. My bathroom was huge and the shower was honestly the best I have ever had. Breakfast was good with a great selection. I was sad to go and will definitely be back. Not the cheapest B&B, but as with most things you get what you pay for. This B&B totally exceeded my expectations, definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lanark
Reviewed 16 September 2012

After a senic drive from Lanark we were greeted by Helen on arrival and it set the tone for the whole of our stay. As many other have said below its the small details which made such a difference. Too many to list but the decor, pristine cleanliness, outdoor areas, breakfast, unexpected night cap in front of the open fire and a lazy afternoon in the conservatory are just a few of the highlights. We stayed in room number two which was beautiful. The whole experience was one we shall certainly be back to repeat. Can not recommend highly enough!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is quite simply the best b & b I have ever stayed in. Helen and Ian could not have been more hospitable. Ian picked me up in his car from the bus station and drove me to the Hawthornbank. Both Helen and Ian welcomed me like old friends. I was provided immediately with a delicious cup of coffee and some fresh Scottish strawberries.

The whole house is beautiful and immaculately clean. You have everything you need in the bedroom. The beds are very comfortable with luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets. The Scottish breakfast was beautifully cooked and very large. There was also an extensive cold buffet. The Hawthornbank also has a hot tub - amazingly relaxing. You can also relax in the conservatory or in the large elegant sitting room. Hawthornbank is a beautiful period house.

I would say that Helen and Ian treated me like one of the family - but it was better than that!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank tomjamesscott
West Midlands
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Have just returned from a three night stay at Hawthornbank, and can honestly not find fault with anything (apart from the weather). Helen and Ian are such lovely people and cannot do enough for you.
On arrival we had a warm welcome from Helen, Ian and Bracken the dog, and were shown round the guest house, which was a beautiful building with lots of character, there was a residents lounge, which looked very comfortable and inviting and had an 'honesty bar', a nice dining room with conservatory off, and a nice decking area outside with a hot tub for guests use (under cover, so can be used in any weather).
Our room was beautiful, very spacious, bright and clean, and a very large extremely comfy bed with feather quilt and a choice of pillows, tea and coffee making facilities were also supplied.
The bathroom was again very spacious and well equipped with an excellent state of the art shower and towels, robes and toiletries provided.
We were asked what time we would like breakfast, and my goodness, what a breakfast, it was a huge scottish breakfast, very tasty and well cooked, and plenty of hot toast, as well as fresh fruit, cereals, yoghurts, tea and coffee, could not find fault, except that there was too much!
We did get the opportunity to use the hot tub and Helen brought us out a jug of pimms and two glasses which was a lovely touch.
Would definitely recommend this guest house.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Had a really lovely stay despite the horrible Scottish weather. :-) Very comfy room with the best shower I have been in in years! Felt so welcome and the breakfast was lovely.
The guest house itself is gorgeous too.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LucyCoops
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I just need to tell you about this fantastic guest house.It is the most welcomed place you will ever stay. Needless to say this is our fourth stay here,this time we stayed 3 nights last time 5 nights and we will be going back soon.Helen and Ian make you so welcome you feel like it is your house and you feel part of the family.The rooms are spacious and luxurious with egyptian sheets on the bed's. Every time we stayed, there were fresh flowers in the room.There is a vast breakfast menu.Helen always ask you what time you want breakfast. Nothing is too much trouble for Helen and Ian. All I can say is wow wow wow, amazing house and people.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patsie G
Swindon
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Hawthornbank is the kind of wonderful little guest house we love finding. Our room was beautifully decorated and fitted out with everything we could possible need. Helen (and Bracken the spaniel!) made us feel most welcome. So much thought and effort has obviously gone into making a visit here special and memorable; thank you.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Harrierman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galashiels
The Clovenfords Hotel
#4 of 11 in Galashiels
The Salmon Inn
The Salmon Inn
#3 of 11 in Galashiels

Been to Hawthornbank Guest House? Share your experiences!