“Exceptional - better than any hotel within a 20 mile radius”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galashiels
Hawthornbank Guest House
Ranked #2 of 12 Galashiels B&B and Inns
“Exceptional - better than any hotel within a 20 mile radius”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This Guest house should be 6 stars! It is honestly better than most hotels I have stayed in. The attention to detail is fantastic and the quality of furnishings and decor is second to none. The guest sitting room is beautiful with a log fire and honesty bar
( especially on a cold winters day). The hot tub is superb and a great bonus for a B & B . Helen even brought out a bottle of wine for us to enjoy. I used it at 8am the next day on a frosty morning and the fresh air and peace and quiet really relaxed me. The breakfast was exceptional and service fantastic. Helen and Ian are the most friendly and welcoming hosts, without being overbearing and they do anything to help.
Try their pub ( The Salmon Inn - 5 mins walk) for a welcoming atmosphere and great food!
Will most certainly be back and every other hotel since has not lived up to our visit here.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Caithness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

We picked this Guest House following an internet search and favourable reviews on Tripadvisor. And we were not disappointed. A fantastic room, lovely furnishings and decor, every whim catered for. Excellent breakfast cooked to order could not be faulted. Few quality hotels, yet alone a Guest House can offer an outdoor hot tub, a roaring log fire and an honesty bar to help relax in the evening!

And that's the best bit - this is somewhere you can truly relax. From the moment you step over the door Helen and Ian make you feel very welcome as a valued guest. Friendly, helpful, but discrete. Amazing attention to detail.

Very quiet location, but within easy access of the centre of Galashiels. We visit the area once a year - we now know where we are staying next time!

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

Whilst working in Melrose I needed somewhere to stay for a few night, Galashiels being my preferred choice, so after a non productive search for somewhere in Gala that was decent and affordable I stumbled upon Hawthornbank. Great room, pleasant hosts, nice breakfast, really good value for money, recommended to anyone and everyone

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

My wife and I just stayed at the Hawthornbank Guest House for 5 nights and had an absolutely delightful time. Attention has been paid to every detail of the guest house. The rooms are very clean, they smell wonderful, and are extremely quiet at night. The owners are a lovely couple and we enjoyed getting to know them. There is a perfect balance of historic house with all of the latest amenities. I really cannot think of one complaint or even one thing I would change. It was just perfect and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay in Galashiels.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed at this B&B for one night on business. From the very start the host was friendly and welcoming without being too overbearing (which some B&B owners can be!). My room (and my colleagues room) was furnished to a very high standard. Everything we needed was there (and more!). Huge flat screen tv, comfy bed, fluffy towels, tastefully modern decorated room with character and style. My bathroom was huge and the shower was honestly the best I have ever had. Breakfast was good with a great selection. I was sad to go and will definitely be back. Not the cheapest B&B, but as with most things you get what you pay for. This B&B totally exceeded my expectations, definitely worth a visit!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Lanark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

After a senic drive from Lanark we were greeted by Helen on arrival and it set the tone for the whole of our stay. As many other have said below its the small details which made such a difference. Too many to list but the decor, pristine cleanliness, outdoor areas, breakfast, unexpected night cap in front of the open fire and a lazy afternoon in the conservatory are just a few of the highlights. We stayed in room number two which was beautiful. The whole experience was one we shall certainly be back to repeat. Can not recommend highly enough!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This is quite simply the best b & b I have ever stayed in. Helen and Ian could not have been more hospitable. Ian picked me up in his car from the bus station and drove me to the Hawthornbank. Both Helen and Ian welcomed me like old friends. I was provided immediately with a delicious cup of coffee and some fresh Scottish strawberries.

The whole house is beautiful and immaculately clean. You have everything you need in the bedroom. The beds are very comfortable with luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets. The Scottish breakfast was beautifully cooked and very large. There was also an extensive cold buffet. The Hawthornbank also has a hot tub - amazingly relaxing. You can also relax in the conservatory or in the large elegant sitting room. Hawthornbank is a beautiful period house.

I would say that Helen and Ian treated me like one of the family - but it was better than that!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank tomjamesscott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galashiels
The Clovenfords Hotel
#4 of 12 in Galashiels
The Salmon Inn
The Salmon Inn
#3 of 12 in Galashiels

Been to Hawthornbank Guest House? Share your experiences!