We stayed in the twin room overlooking the car park and the green hills across the valley. The room was just a bit dated, though clean and reasonably comfortable, but had all the amenities one might expect. The shower was good, but we had a little trouble with the lights in the bath. Dinner was fine, price reasonable. Breakfast was good. Staff was pleasant.
The inn is located on the roundabout in Clovenfords, about four miles down the road from Galashiels, in the opposite direction from Melrose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clovenfords Hotel is situated in the village of Clovenfords in the heart of the Scottish Borders. It is only 3 miles from the busy Borders town of Galashiels. Edinburgh and other Scottish Borders towns including Melrose, Kelso, Jedburgh, Hawick and Peebles are all easily accessible. In the immediate area activities such as fishing (on the River Tweed), mountain biking (Glentress), golfing, shooting and off road driving are all readily available to hotel guests.The Clovenfords Hotel has all the character, warmth and friendly charm you would expect from an 18th century coaching inn. We look forward to extending to you a very warm welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your The Clovenfords Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clovenfords Hotel Galashiels
- The Clovenfords Hotel Galashiels, Scotland