“Accomodation”

Ranked #3 of 11 Galashiels B&B and Inns
Edinburgh
“Accomodation”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My partner and I had the pleasure of staying in one of the 5 bedrooms the Salmon Inn has recently added to the Inn. The standard of everything in the room was well above what an average hotel room would have. No expense has been spared to make guests as comfortable as possible. The large bed was extremely comfortable with first class bedding. The décor was outstanding, and a choice of different coffees and teas so that you can make your own hot drinks. The room was spotless, both in the bedroom itself but also the en-suite bathroom.
The owners are such nice people , who just want to ensure you have a pleasant stay. With this being an Inn, we were able to have our evening meal downstairs, and the choice and value was first class. With the Salmon Inn being so central in Galashiels, and after staying there, we cannot express how lucky we are to have come across such a lovely room/Inn. We certainly would stay again in a minute......Oh have the sticky chicken for dinner its ace. Don't worry also about the rooms being above the Inn we never heard a sound and slept like babies.

Room Tip: Sorry I clicked the buttons above but I cannot undue the Fitness centre one. There is no fitness c...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

What a find! We came across this hotel on booking.com and at £70 a night (complimentary breakfast included) couldn't not book! I emailed prior to arriving asking about bike storage and received a quick response from the owners saying we could leave in the cellar, which was great news. When we arrived we were shown to our room, which was lovely and informed we could bring the bike up if we preferred. So they were very accommodating! Room had everything we could want, bathroom and bedroom were beautifully decorated. We had a massive double bed. Nice touches with the bottled water, and complimentary breakfast that you help yourself to from the fridge in the 'library' (only accessed by those staying). The breakfast was different on both mornings, so was a nice surprise each morning on what we'd get. There was a piece of fruit, a carton of orange, 2 biscuits, a mint and either a pain au chocolat, chocolate muffin, or an oats so simple porridge pot. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
north scotland
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights and it was fabulous. Kingsize bed to myself which was very comfortable, room was spotless and everything I required was there. Breakfast in a box was unusual but quite adequate. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Although above the bar I did not hear a sound. I would have no hesitation in recommending this as a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Selkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

New to trip advisor and feel I must share how great out experience was at the salmon inn! My husband, sister and I came in on Saturday night for a meal. The restaurant was very busy but we were seated in the "cellar" area which was perfect
For us as my husband is partially deaf. We all had starters and I had the steak, my husband had the Cajun chicken and my sister had the mango chicken salad. The food was first class, well presented and very delicious!!! The service was fantastic, take my hat off to the waitress who was on her own serving a whole restaurant but done at fantastic job. We will most definitely be back! Thank you again.

• Stayed April 2014
Gloucester UK
Reviewed 14 April 2014

As one of the six fishers in the group as reported on by Mike R, I can concur absolutely with everything he has written. The welcome was great, the rooms immaculate and comfortable and the pub below was friendly with terrific and attentive staff.I heartily endorse the recommendation of the Salmon to anyone looking for first rate accommodation in the Borders.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

A group of six stayed for three nights while fishing in the area. We had a nice welcome and were shown to our rooms. They were all of a great standard and very comfortable. Mine lacked a wardrobe (!) and electric shaver point but these were not a problem for me. The bed was very comfortable and the en-suite shower room was excellent. Fast wifi was available throughout the building. Breakfast was provided in the form of a box containing various items which was odd but worked OK. The pub is busy and serves good beer and decent food. The staff and owners are delightful and friendly. Parking on the street is the only option but caused us no problem. I would recommend the Salmon to anyone looking for low cost and comfortable accommodation.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Galashiels
The Clovenfords Hotel
#2 of 5 in Selkirk
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel
#1 of 2 in St Boswells

Been to The Salmon Inn? Share your experiences!