“Best Guest House I have ever stayed in!”

The Bank Guest House
Ranked #2 of 20 Hawick B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I know the title is a bold statement but for someone who travels atleast 2 nights a week I have got a lot of experience of the good hotels, the dodgy hotels, 1960 B & B's etc
From the moment of arrival I was blown away by the place. It is an old bank and has been converted to a stunning Guest House.
The owner was warm and very welcome on arrival and was made to feel straight at home in the room.
The room, well wow! This isn't your usual guest house. You can actually relax and unwind on the couch or the huge bed. No floral print bedspreads in sight.
There was ample room for me and the decor was great. Some of the old fittings were still in place and made the room look even better. My personal favourite was the wooden folding window shutters.
The bathroom was clean, tidy and had everything you could need.
I slept like a log and was very warm underneath the huge thick duvet.
Upon waking I took full advantage of the text breakfast service (best idea I have ever seen) and ordered what I wanted from the comfort of the bed.
Getting down to breakfast I wasnt dissapointed as the food was freshly cooked and wasnt swimming in a vat of grease. Everything tasted fresh and Donna was on hand to make sure I was well fed.
Usually me being a tad picky I could find one thing wrong with something during my stay but in all honesty it was the Best Guest House I have ever stayed in. To the point that I am thinking of booking a weekend away with my other half here. If there was more places like this then I wouldnt stay in so many 'Premier Inns' etc
You book here and you will not be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the street was beautiful.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 November 2013

we had the pleasure of staying 2 nights in this delightful establishment last weekend, there were 4 adults in the party with 2 double rooms with breakfast booked. i booked direct with the owner Donna as the booking.com website was playing up. this did not pose any problems and the confirmation was sent back immediately. we have stayed in 1 or 2 other hotels in the town in the last 2 years but we loved this one, it was very sumptuous, rooms were very well decorated, the owner was very friendly and attentive as was the very young waitress who gave us breakfast on both our mornings, we loved the fridge outside our room, stocked with cans of juice ! life saver at 4am on the last morning with a mega hangover kicking in :) we would recommend this guest house to anybody thinking about a trip to hawick and or the scottish borders. heads above competitors in the area and very inexpensive for all we enjoyed whilst here.

Room Tip: 1 off our rooms was to the front looking on to the high street not noisy at all as you have the old...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Have stayed with Donna at The Bank twice on business related trips, great experience both times and close to local food restaurants and takeaways for evening food. Breakfast was great with plenty of choice, the bet veggie sausages I've had and even veggie haggis from the local butcher!
Highly recommended :)

Room Tip: Front of B&B faces main road, but not too busy, but if you're very sensitive to noise then p...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I read in an earlier review: "An excellent B & B if they were all to this very high standard then I would stay in more of them rather than the Premier Inns which I normally stay in sets a standard that even some of the top class hotels would find hard to keep up with the accommodation is immaculate and very tasteful breakfast in the morning is first class." And I simply have to agree with every word, I cannot describe it better.

Donna you get 5 stars from me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The rooms were very stylish and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was excellent - we did not need lunch that day!! I am very happy that we have found somewhere good to stay in Hawick and can fully recommend the Bank.

Room Tip: I saw three rooms and there was little to choose between them - they were all very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Excellent stay lovely accommodation very helpful and nice staff, nothing was too much trouble and children well accommodated. My brother who lives near by was also invited to join us for breakfast and he did. a big thank you Donna and staff. Will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

An excellent B & B if they were all to this very high standard then I would stay in more of them rather than the Premier Inns which I normally stay in sets a standard that even some of the top class hotels would find hard to keep up with the accommodation is immaculate and very tasteful breakfast in the morning is first class and Donna and her staff were lovely I booked throw Booking.com and payed more than her normal rate I believe her normal rate is to low and I would have gladly paid a lot more than I did to did to stay there

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business