“Home from home”

Mansfield House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Hawick
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Iv been working away for 2 months located in Hawick and we had the pleasure of stopping at the Mansfield house hotel. The hotel is situated in beautiful location with a lovely wood at the side of the hotel which I walked round onto the the tops and on my walk I saw three deers!!! The hotel itself as very nice decor and liked the homely feeling and felt welcomed from second I stepped through doors. Iv stopped in a lot of hotels in my time because of my job and I can truly say this is one of my favourite!!! The staff was so friendly and did everything they could for you. We ate at the hotel every night and being here for so long I ate everything that was on the menu! Every meal I ate was superb 10/10 for every meal I had! The steaks are immense cooked to perfection! The bedrooms are what Ud expect from a top hotel comfy beds and pillows, because off were the hotel is set you don't hear a peep whilst sleeping. Guna miss this place as the staff have become friends so guna miss the banter and laughs we've had together! Defiantly a place to visits highly recommend it :)

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Liam S

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very welcoming hotel, who were alway very helpful. I understand that heating such an establishment is difficult and as I had the beautiful tower room at the top of the house this was the most difficult room. The central heating did not work and there was one small electric radiator which was insufficient for the room. I was provided willingly with another one which unfortunately did I not work. They advertise free wifi in the room but being an old house the thick walls did not allow it to penetrate into my room. My parents who were more Central had no problems with heating or wifi.
Breakfast was slow both mornings but we were not in a hurry so it really didn't matter too much.
The staff were all very friendly and were quick to sort out any problem.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Just returned from driving through Scotland. Found this gem by chance and stayed three days it was so lovely. HUGE rooms with gorgeous views of the valley. Pretty park like setting, outdoor seating for warm days and a manor home feel warrant a high review for this location. Dining rooms look out onto the gardens. The staff could not be more helpful. The chef is a genius. We never had a bad meal. i would recommend all items on the menu. The full breakfast in the sunny dining room served perhaps the best smoked salmon and eggs I have had. We found three days worth of sightseeing just from this one location . If I did it again, I would stay here longer. We were sorry to leave.

Room Tip: try to get a view to the valley but there is also a great room with a fireplace and four poster bed
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Christig995
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I spent one night her on 11 August. It is a marvellous Victorian house which must have been splendid in its day. I have seen some of the wingeing poor reviews but they have got it wrong. It must cost an absolute fortune to maintain a house like that so what do you expect for £75, plus £12.50 for dinner in a magnificent dining room. OK it wasn't of the highest gourmet quality but be sensible!! There was one very busy young lady doing pretty well everything---that was OK as the hotel was almost empty but could be a problem otherwise.
My room was at the front--large windows, great view. It was a bit like my grandmothers old house--full of old oak heavy furniture but a welcome change from the soulless corporate chains.
The lounge was very attractive but I didn't have time to spend I it. Same is true of the gardens which look great and must take a lot of work to maintain.
I would go again.

Room Tip: I had a great room at the front. But beware there are bright floodlights which might disturb you if...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a business trip. Usually we're put up in some fairly bland chain hotel so I was delighted to arrive at this beauty of a place.

The rooms are very impressive - with huge windows overlooking Hawick. The place feels grand but still manages to feel relaxed and homely. The bar area is in an extension wing which feels a bit naff compared to the rest of the hotel. Otherwise this place is a gem, and the Scottish welcome we got from the staff was second to none.

Would stay here again for sure, if I'm ever in Hawick again!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank jmamm
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Had a brilliant Easter weekend here
Staff were fantastic & couldn't do enough for us
Food was good
Just get a better selection of beers @ you've cracked it
Room was good & comfy
Very quiet location for exploring the Borders

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JohnnyGSBoxer
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We had our wedding here and it could not have been better! Lovely gardens. Marvellous staff. Loved the decor and furnishings. Bed was sooooo comfortable. Our parents also loved it and thought it a perfect hotel for a wedding.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gayl-R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hawick
Balcary House Hotel
Roxburghe Hotel & Golf Course
Ednam House
Ednam House
#4 of 4 in Kelso

Been to Mansfield House Hotel? Share your experiences!