All reviews lovely hotel dining room four poster bed wedding reception tower room recommend this hotel italian theme spacious bedroom visited this hotel dinner menu superb food new owners first class evening meal coffee machine would definitely stay here again one night stay
Reviewed 20 November 2018

I have stayed at Mansfield House Hotel a on more than one occasion for business and I am never disappointed.
The rooms from what I have seen are all lovely and spotlessly clean.
The staff from the warm welcome to the swift easy check out are efficient and friendly.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2018

My partner and I were travelling to the north of Scotland to visit friends and needed an overnight stay. We had stayed in this hotel several years ago and had enjoyed our stay so chose to return. By now there were new owners and they had obviously refurbished all the areas seen during this subsequent visit.
We were greeted warmly on arrival and assisted with our luggage to a spacious bedroom at the front of the hotel. We had stunning views across the valley. The room was comfortably furnished, warm and comfortable. This room and the remainder of the hotel showed evidence of good housekeeping standards.
We had a lovely dinner at the hotel. The menu characterised the Italian chef. All food eaten at dinner and breakfast was tasty, well cooked and well presented. The staff were universally friendly helpful and efficient.
We enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return here on further visits to Scotland.
Many thanks to all at the hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 13 October 2018

My wife and I spent 2-nights at this hotel which has just 15 rooms.
What a splendid place! An hotel in a lovely country manor, set on top of an hill with lovely gardens surrounding it.
Our room was quite large and comfortable with beautiful views over the valley to Hawick.
The restaurant in the hotel was really splendid - good service, good food, a good choice with enormous helpings, set in a lovely dining room!!!
If one is in the area, this certainly is the place to stay!
It certainly justifies a 4* rating.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Went here with my friend for lunch, sat waiting for 30 mins, 1 member of staff appeared, said hello and disappeared with the other group of about 5 and didn't return so we left.
There was only us and the other group so not rushed off thier feet.
We were not even offered a drink in that 30 mins.
Won't be back for lunch...

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Stephen M, Manager at Mansfield House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Good Evening Glenys,

I am the lady who said hello to you, I am very sorry about today, I was with the other people arranging an event, I asked them if you were all together and they informed me that you were,
so i do apologise for that, However we do not serve lunches in the hotel,

Sorry for any innocence caused,

Kind Regards
Janice

Reviewed 6 October 2018

We spent one night here on a bed and breakfast trip. The welcome was warm and friendly and the room was large and comfortable with a four poster bed and the best shower we have come across in a hotel. The hotel restaurant is Italian, which was fine for one night but I would not have wanted it every night if we had stayed longer, but the food was good and everywhere was spacious and comfortable.

Room tip: Avoid the room over the front door. A party leaving at 1.30am disturbed us!
Date of stay: September 2018