We stayed for two nights on a great Groupon deal. What a lovely place, great hosts, great room and peace and quiet around. The breakfast was very good and we had dinner both nights, great food and some very different dishes on the menu. It is in a lovely location and we asked for directions to go for a long walk on the second day, which was a lovely walk through the forest for about 5 miles, very enjoyable. Our only slight complaint would be lack of a good internet connection, we had to sit in a corner in the bar which was the only place to pick it up as I believe the whole area suffers from bad connection.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horse and Hound Country Inn is a 300 year old Coaching Inn nestled in the heart of the Scottish Borders. Idea for all types of country pursuits as well as for walkers, cyclists and those just here to chill out and wander around the local Abbey towns. Our 9 en-suite bedrooms are decorated to a high standard with steam showers in some rooms. There is a spacious lounge bar and restaurant serving Traditional Scottish Pub Fayre using fresh local produce where available. The public bar with its roaring log fire is a great place to relax with a pint of real ale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Horse and Hound Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Horse And Hound Country Hotel Hawick
- Country Inn Hawick
- Hawick Country Inn
- The Horse And Hound Country Inn Hawick, Scotland