We stayed here for 3 nights and can strongly recommend the Horse and Hound for anyone wanting a quiet break in a traditional Inn situated in marvellous countryside. Bonchester Bridge and the surrounding "borders" views are certainly stunning. We spent very enjoyable evenings having drinks with the “locals” and the new owners Lucy and Neil who were so proud of the changes they had made in the six months since they took on the Inn and their plans for the future.
The food was good, tasty and very filling, especially the full Scottish breakfast.
The room was good and very, very clean with a comfortable double bed. A big surprise was the steam room being part of the en-suite, which got a great deal of use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Horse and Hound Country Inn is a 300 year old Coaching Inn nestled in the heart of the Scottish Borders. Idea for all types of country pursuits as well as for walkers, cyclists and those just here to chill out and wander around the local Abbey towns. Our 9 en-suite bedrooms are decorated to a high standard with steam showers in some rooms. There is a spacious lounge bar and restaurant serving Traditional Scottish Pub Fayre using fresh local produce where available. The public bar with its roaring log fire is a great place to relax with a pint of real ale. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your The Horse and Hound Country Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Horse And Hound Country Hotel Hawick
- Country Inn Hawick
- Hawick Country Inn
- The Horse And Hound Country Inn Hawick, Scotland