Absolutely loved our stay at Mosspaul! It's a fantastic place. The owners are friendly, laid back and accommodating. We had the run of the bar all weekend and it made for a brilliant stag do. Would love to visit again and would definitely recommend the place to others.
Me and 18 of my friends and family visited Mosspaul for my stag doo in February. I'm not the kinda guy who likes city stags or going abroad, so I was after a place in Scotland that could house a lot of guys and somewhere were we could all have a drink, a laugh, games of poker and some pub type games. Mosspaul was PERFECT for this. I should also mention that my best man is in a wheelchair so it also had to be accessible, which it was also. The bar area in Mosspaul is perfect for guys to have a beer (they buy in a keg for you at a reasonable cost if you're brave enough to pour your own pint) and to play some pool or darts on their own table and dart board. They also have a room beyond the bar which housed a table tennis table which was fun, and plenty tables and chairs for poker/eating. The rooms were perfect for everyone and the kitchen was fantastic for feeding almost 20 men (the kitchen is a commercial type kitchen). Luckily my brother is in the cooking business so he took over organising dinners etc but he said that the kitchen had everything he needed! They also offered us the chance to play human table football which the owners have, and a hot tub, but the weather wasn't great for this so decided against doing both. Alison and Eddie were great and we just wana say thanks for a great weekend. One of my party liked it that much that he is wanting to book for his stag so you'll probably hear from him. Cheers, Christo.
Just returned from a fabulous weekend away to Mosspaul Inn. The age of our party ranged from 3 to 60 years old and there were 23 of us plus Bleu the French bulldog puppy. Alison and Eddy were great hosts and nothing was a problem. We would definitely recommend the Mosspaul to anyone wanting to stay in Hawick and we can't wait to return again
19 of us went to Mosspaul for my mum's surprise 50th, and I don't think we could have found a more perfect place! It has everything you'd ever need and the hosts are excellent.
- The kitchen is massive (huge cooker, crockery, pots & pans, plates, bowls, dishwasher, huge fridge and freezer and more)
- The bar was so much fun! We spent most of our weekend here with people enjoying playing barmaid/man. There is a fridge behind the bar which is especially handy. You can also order a keg in from the owners if you like (although we didn't as we didn't have enough beer drinkers) so you can pull your own pints!
- Alison (I didn't meet Eddie, although he was very helpful on the phone) is lovely. The owners couldn't have done more to help us. They done some rearranging of the bedrooms to accommodate us and even let us have a little bonfire with fireworks since it was Guy Fawkes!
- A large speaker is provided in the bar which is very loud (perfect for a boogie), yet doesn't disturb Alison and Eddie next door
- There is also a large games room with a dinner table and loads of chairs. You can put these to the side and there is a ping pong table or a big projector where you can watch DVD's or play the Wii (perfect if you're taking kids!)
- Mattresses are exceptionally comfortable and the duvets are super cosy
- It has some beautiful walks around about if the weather is ok
- We didn't use the hot tub as we had too much planned but it looked very inviting...
Everyone who came to Mosspaul had such a good time and I recommend it to anyone organising something special for a birthday/hen or stag do/wee holiday away.
We will 100% be back in the future!
17 of us (and a dog) stayed for a weekend in October to celebrate my 30th Birthday and we couldn't have had a better time. Alison was a great help in the lead up with planning and keeping me right and Eddie was there to welcome us when we arrived, which was greatly appreciated! The weekend was a washout weather wise but it didn't matter as there is more than enough to keep you entertained in the house. The kitchen is fantastic and we were able to cook our own food. The accommodation was also comfortable and clean. The bar was the highlight of the weekend. I'd recommend taking up Alison and Eddies offer of a keg service. Not only is it well worth the money but everyone enjoyed pulling their own pints. We'd all definitely come back, especially to make use of the hot tub which we missed out on because of the weather. Massive thank you again to Alison and Eddie. We had a blast!
We pitched up on the Friday for a stag weekend and were greeted by Eddie and Alison, who welcomed the 14 of us with open arms. The nature of Mosspaul's accommodation is such that everything is under one roof; pool table, darts board, projector screen, table tennis and of course fully-functioning bar (which is more than could be said about some of our party). The rolling hills that surround Mosspaul make for a brilliant way to get some air, and the hot tub is an ideal way to unwind at the end of a day. The kitchen is advanced enough to cater for a large number of people, whether you are cooking up a three-course meal or a greasy breakfast the morning after the night before. We found Eddie and Alison very reasonable and delighted to assist us at any juncture. Eddie took us into Langholm on Saturday night and picked us up after dinner, which was extremely kind. Mosspaul is a secluded gem!
14 of us came here for my sister and brother in law to be's hag do. Alison and Eddie were really easy going and helpful from the word go, even lighting the fire at the hot tub for us several hours before we were due to arrive. The facilities at mosspaul were great; pool table, table tennis, darts, big projector screen, fully functioning bar and hot tub! Be sure to bring EVERYTHING your going to need though (food/drink/cleaning products), there's no local shop next door and the nearest big town is Hawick which is 20 minutes away. Mosspaul also offers activities, we went canoeing on the Saturday morning and Alemoor reservoir which was superb and great value too at £100 between 14 of us. All in all, Mosspaul is ideal for a stag, hen or big get together. Don't expect luxury though, but it does exactly what it says on the tin and the hosts are very accommodating!