All reviews co op the toilet shower block motor home lovely campsite great site town centre well worth a visit pitches warden supermarket facilities provision abbey tidy tweed edinburgh
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Enjoyed an extended break in this site. Staff a little standoffish and keep a very close eye on rule infringements. Pitches are excellent although those close to the playing field can be a little noisy as children from the local school play a few feet away. Facilities are very well maintained and clean. A big plus is its proximity to Melrose town centre, local walks, attractions, bus and trains.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

There are only 6 tent pitches and we took one of these. It was in a good quiet spot and was also handy for the toilet / shower block. Also convenient for shops and a supermarket close by. Only problem is to watch those mice visiting you in the night. They come from the sheeps field.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I stopped here overnight whilst walking the borders abbeys way. I hadn't booked in advance, as other sites I'd stayed in had had plenty space. This was marked as "full", although the staff kindly said they could squeeze in my tent. By the time I got back from dinner, all the other pitches were occupied, so I was glad I arrived when I did!

Everything was clean and well looked-after. The showers were hot, although several of the basins were in cubicles, which struck me as odd. But no real complaints.

Very central location too, but far enough from the road that you don't get the noise.

Overall - good campsite, recommend booking ahead.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We booked in after checking out the facilities on this site and loved how serene it was. The wardens were extremely friendly and approachable on any requests that we had. My wife loved the fact that it was close to a supermarket in case we ran out of provisions and to get the newspapers (my job) and we will definitely be returning. Well done all the staff.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We only stayed one night as just en route but overall very clean and easy campsite. The only negatives and only compared to other more remote campsites were that the pitches were very close together and the average age of the campsite over 70.
Not ideal for children but appealing to an older motor home owner. Very friendly staff and a handy cooperative next to site for provisions. I would recommend.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family