All reviews co op the toilet shower block motor home lovely campsite great site town centre awning warden supermarket facilities dogs walks abbey provision tidy tweed edinburgh
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

This Caravan (and Motorhome - if you must) Club site is perfectly placed for walking into Melrose, to the river Tweed, up into the nearly hills or to the many rugby pitches where the game is often played. There is normally some background noise here as you would expect, there is a large school close by, a tennis club, a busy road and a bypass. The toilet block, by which most members rate their site, is looking a bit old now but it was clean and warm during the cold weather. Since my last visit the Co-op has taken over a close by building and that is very convenient for shopping and there are a good range of cafes, restaurants and hotels to visit in the town, all less than ten minutes away. It was nice to be back.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Excellent site, close to amenity. Tidy, fab clean showers, excellent level dry pitch and the sun came out. Melrose offers much to enjoy, which we know as we are frequent visitors, mainly for the ice cream at Simply Delicious. However, when you stay in a place your learn so much more. We will be back very soon.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2017

Enjoyed an extended break in this site. Staff a little standoffish and keep a very close eye on rule infringements. Pitches are excellent although those close to the playing field can be a little noisy as children from the local school play a few feet away. Facilities are very well maintained and clean. A big plus is its proximity to Melrose town centre, local walks, attractions, bus and trains.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

There are only 6 tent pitches and we took one of these. It was in a good quiet spot and was also handy for the toilet / shower block. Also convenient for shops and a supermarket close by. Only problem is to watch those mice visiting you in the night. They come from the sheeps field.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I stopped here overnight whilst walking the borders abbeys way. I hadn't booked in advance, as other sites I'd stayed in had had plenty space. This was marked as "full", although the staff kindly said they could squeeze in my tent. By the time I got back from dinner, all the other pitches were occupied, so I was glad I arrived when I did!

Everything was clean and well looked-after. The showers were hot, although several of the basins were in cubicles, which struck me as odd. But no real complaints.

Very central location too, but far enough from the road that you don't get the noise.

Overall - good campsite, recommend booking ahead.

Date of stay: July 2017