The Townhouse Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Kingsknowes Hotel(Galashiels)
County Hotel(Selkirk)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscullen skinkmusselscream saucehigh standardsmall hotelwine listlarge comfortable bedcharming small townlovely hotelvenisonstayed for one nightmarket squarerecommend this hotellovely roomefficient staffthe owner managerscottish borders
Reviewed 26 July 2014

On our way back from Kelso Show we called in on speck, and as it was busy got a table in the garden. It was a very hot day and we were seated under an awning and presented with iced water, very nice. we had the 2 course early bird meal deal and it was lovely. Both main courses cooked and presented well and selection of ice-cream for desert, just what was needed for the weather. We were served by 3 different people all very good, helpful and attentive. Well done!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ShEW65
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here, one Saturday night as we were attending a wedding in Gordon and were very impressed by this hotel. The room was enormous and extremely comfortable and we were able to check in at and have access to the room at around midday. The bathroom was also large. The room was extremely comfortable with the only slight down side being a slight weak shower in terms of power. However other than this the room was lovely.

Breakfast the following morning was delicious with a selection of cereals, fruit, yoghurt and croissants followed by a choice of porridge, full scots or haddock and poached egg.

All in all we would stay again and would defintiely recommend this hotel.

The only other slight issue, was the limited parking at the hotel especially on a Saturday afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMart2013
Reviewed 5 July 2014

at The Townhouse with the family, I started with Cullen Skink which was excellent, then opted for fish & chips (as there wasn't much else I fancied) - it was good though - no complaints, hearty portion of haddock. The wife, my brother-in-law and nephew all opted for the roast beef, when it arrived it was seriously rare, and I know she will NOT eat underdone meat. Bro-in-law and nephew didn't like the look of it either so it all went back, where l suspect all they did was put it under the grill. Missus did not enjoy hers, and bro-in-law left half of his. OK, it's up to them if they serve roast beef like that, but I think a wee word with the person ordering it would be in order, not everybody likes meat that looks like it was walking around the field an hour before . . . think I'll try somewhere else next time I'm in Melrose . . .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank hiphoptwo
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff, excellent food, lovely location. Melrose is a splendid place, I find the locals are always eager to chat and accept you into their activities. Stalking the haggis is a must-do activity arranged by one of the local high street shops and, of course, the town is the start of the famous St Cuthbert's Way (Drunk Monk's walk)

An oasis of calm, I will surely stay at the Townhouse when I return to Melrose...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just returned from annual golf holiday in Scotland, my first time in the borders. Hotel organised as part of the holiday, I can recommend this hotel with the highest standard both accommodation and food, the staff worked above and beyond all of our expectations, food was fantastic every night and at breakfast too.
15 guys on tour everyone totally satisfied with the hotel and staff, well done keeping all us golfers happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends