“MUDDY”
Review of St. Cuthberts Way

St. Cuthberts Way
Ranked #4 of 13 things to do in Melrose
More attraction details
Owner description: A hundred KM walk through the Scottish countryside off the coast of Northumberland.
Reviewed 19 October 2013

A great walk BUT beware parts are VERY steep and VERY MUDDY. We enjoyed the views and it is well marked and there are any number of walks in the area.

1  Thank sue b
"england"
"kirk"
"fenwick"

Reviewed 9 August 2013

This was our sixth long distance walk in the UK and it was great. We enjoyed the challenge of the terrain, the quality of the way marking and the wonderful views and the friendly people and the places we stayed along the way. Well done to Scottish Borders and Northumberland Parks for doing such a grey job maintaining this walk so well.

2  Thank kingtutt
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Really enjoyed the way, very well marked. Booked with Macs Adventures and all the B & B's and hotels were very good.

1  Thank Helen H
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This is a really good walk. I thought I knew this part of the country but walking it opened up all kinds of new experiences. The route is not 'easy' but is not too demanding either. It is well signposted & well maintained, especially on the Scottish part of the route. We had marvelous weather in May for the first three days and a bit of drizzle on days four & five. Best of all - no midges!
We stayed in the YHA at Wooler (which is very relaxed with a warm welcome) & shuttled backwards & forwards to the start/finish points. The driving was a bit of a pain. If I was going to do it again I'd like to try a combination of hostels & camping. Give a try, you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jc0900
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

I walked this with my 7 yr old son last March. We had amazing weather until the last day crossing the causeway when we had a storm..!! Having done lots of walking in the Highlands a was worried that the scenery in the borders maybe a little tame -how wrong was I, it is just as beautiful and varied. We took our time and did it over 6 days staying in pubs and B & Bs. I would rate the walk as easy. In fact some of the hardest bits are some of the road stretches - tough on the feet. We switched to trainers for these parts.

2  Thank Stoykseasy