“Great quaint little hotel!”
Review of Station Hotel

Station Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Melrose
Edinburgh
“Great quaint little hotel!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for a wedding we had that night jut outside Melrose. Hotel staff were very helpful, they let us into our room early that day so we could change before goig to our wedding. Decoration is lovely in the hotel rooms hve a good sized double bed, could be more modern however bathroom was very modern and clean. We got out breakfast included in the price of the room and was good sized cooked breakfast. Was a lovely stay for a nice small quaint village.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
North Berwick, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Nice room and pleasant decor.Fab coffee @ breakfast and lovely waitress Elaine.Evening meal good.Very dog friendly and no charges for them either!!!!Very helpful staff .Felt very much @ home and enjoyed our stay.Thanks again!!!

Room Tip: Room one was a twin but it was a pleasant quieter location than two!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Troon
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I made a telephone booking quoting my credit card details as requested. I stressed to the manager that my two companions and I would be settling our bill in cash. He assured me that the credit card details were merely for booking purposes and the card would not be used unless I requested to do so. We stayed one night on 11th June 2013. After our meal we retired to our rooms at about 9.30 p.m. When I checked out next morning the lady on duty informed me that our bill had been paid. She handed me a Visa slip showing that my credit card was charged with the full amount at 9.34 p.m. the previous evening. Apparently the manager had taken it upon himself to take the payment as soon as we left the hotel restaurant to go upstairs. I told the lady that this was totally unacceptable and to report my anger to him. Since then the Manager has failed to contact me to apologise for his arbitrary behaviour.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank JohnTroon
Cheshire
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night and overall a lovely experience. The room was reasonably small but not a problem, however really good size bathroom. Tea and coffee making facilities a bonus. We had a meal in the evening which was great and the breakfast in the morning was good too. Pleasant, friendly staff and good service. Great location in the town, however no on site parking but parking is available nearby. Would definitely stay again, great value too.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheshirebabe85
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed here for one night whilst at en event nearby. Pub food was excellent, and very good value, staff in bar were friendly. Rooms were large, clean, and newly decorated. On the downside, I felt the corridors outside the rooms smelled very strongly of dog, there were a lot of airfresheners too, so perhaps a problem they knew of, would be better cleaning the carpets. Breakfast was good, but the staff member serving it could best be described as surly and ill mannered. I certainly did not feel welcomed in the morning, and this seriously changed my view on the Hotel. A smile, and the use of please and thank you is not difficult. For this reason alone I would not return.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SanJuan1968
South Shields, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Just had roast beef Sunday lunch.
We've had a poor experience elsewhere in Melrose, but this was a very pleasant suprise. Three adults and three kids, all had roast dinner, done to our specifications without any problems. Service very good, staff friendly and welcoming. Great food, reasonably priced. I will definitely go back. Highly recommended

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank denofil
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We ate here last weekend as a family with the grandparents.

There is a good choice to suit everyone on the menu and the costs are not too expensive either.

The setting is good, and staff friendly and helpful.

Will eat here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melrose
The Townhouse Hotel
George & Abbotsford Hotel
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel
#1 of 2 in St Boswells

Been to Station Hotel? Share your experiences!