“Clean warm friendly quiet”
Review of Station Hotel

and 1 more site!
Station Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Melrose
Reviewed 9 March 2011

This is an Inn with rooms. The rooms have been recently renovated and everything was fresh. Room was small but not too small. Staff friendly. Breakfast was fine but not extensive. Central location, easy parking. All at a fair price. I’d stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jimmydash

Reviewed 5 January 2011

Stayed with wife in hotel over new year. Absolutely brilliant .Very clean and staff very friendly. Would return here to stay anytime I could

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Cute little hotel in a cute little town. Very clean, modern bathroom and friendly staff. I usually like to venture away from my hotel but their bar and restaurant was very popular so we stayed…and very happy we did!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We booked very late, 4 days before, and they had the 2 rooms we were looking for. Sadly my friends had to cancel due to illness but the hotel still wanted the full price for the room. Policies are polices and rules is rules…however they didn’t have to clean the room or anything and I had a strong suspicion that they had subsequently let the room anyway as the hotel looked full. Wasn’t totally impressed by that attitude so decided to eat elsewhere as I figured they’d had enough out of me with the room rate penalty.

The room that we were given, presumably the better of the two that we had actually paid for, was well below the mark. The carpet was grubby, there were marks on the ceiling and immediately outside the window was the largest extractor fan pipe you could ever see, howling away like a banshee during the hours the kitchen was in operation. Fine if you don’t want to sit in the room before 9.30 pm or sleep after 7am.

The bathroom was very nice however and the breakfast was fine…I toyed with the idea of asking for the two extra breakfasts that we had paid for but weren’t eating but decided that may have been nit-picking.

A reasonable complaint to the management got us a discount because of the room – it is number 2 in case you get put in it and want a discount too – but I wouldn’t go back anyway. I understand that it wasn’t their fault there was a cancellation and we were happy to pay something, but to be charged full whack when the room was a late booking and they didn’t have to do any work for it seemed rather short sighted to me.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2010

An excellent stay at this hotel in the lovely town of Melrose.

Rooms were spacious and clean.Food in the restaurant was excellent and well priced.

Had a problem with my shower not bringing through hot water but a plumber came out within half an hour and sorted it - great service!

I would return to this hotel in the future - highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2010

As a Virtual Assistant I work for clients all over the country, occasionally I have to visit their site too. I travelled alone and late, the hotel stayed open for a VERY late check in, and there was a packed lunch waiting in my room as I was leaving early before breakfast.
The rooms are beautiful, exceptionally clean and very tastefully decorated, the staff are incredibly helpful and always cheerful. I ate here two nights, the food was gorgeous! I have to add I did not feel uncomfortable at all sitting eating alone - ladies this is one hotel / restaurant where you would feel fine on your own.
Loved every minute of my stay, reasonably priced too, I highly recommend the Station Hotel, Melrose

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Shellybabe2004
Reviewed 23 March 2010

nice place, clean, very good food even if a bit pricey but in line with other hotel prices.
staff very friendly and situated in center of town, ideal. enjoyed stay very much. only downside couple of rooms you could hear the extractor fan from outside which comes from the kitchen, we asked for different room which we got and was nice and quiet, room 5.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melrose
The Townhouse Hotel
Bay Waverley Castle Hotel
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel
Dryburgh Abbey Hotel
#1 of 2 in St Boswells

Been to Station Hotel? Share your experiences!