“Lovely food”
Review of Prince of India

Prince of India
Ranked #26 of 46 Restaurants in Peebles
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Good food very tasty and different dishes to what we have at our local Indian restaurant. Be warned rather large appetizers I than struggled to eat my main but really really nice a trout dish.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The food was not worth the wait considering there were so few customers there. Most people seemed to getting take out... I can see why! The guy was very rude and didn’t want to answer questions. Maybe he just doesn’t like Americans

Reviewed 19 June 2018

4 of us found this place and thought we'd give it a try, it wasn't busy, just 3 couples. We placed our orders, 4 main courses, plus 1 nan, 2 rice and a chapati. All appeared on time and were quite tasty. Then we came to pay the bill, it arrived and we were quite surprised, Almost £140! Looking at the bill, everything on there we had had (including 2 drinks each), totalling it up ourselves it came to £101, we pointed this out to the manager, who eventually came back blaming the young lad who had served us! Even though it was the manager who had taken our order, and we had watched prepare the bill!

Oh, and next day we all had very dodgy stomachs!

1  Thank Ian l
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

It was Friday night and looked busy but if it takes 45mins to cook please don’t say 30mins. However, the food was very tasty and there was plenty of it. Next time I would turn up late and microwave on return.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Came here with a large group of people having ridden mtb at glentress. Having arrived at 7:00 we didn't get served our food till 8:30. Much too long to wait and terrible service. One waiter was much too enthusiastic and shouted at us when serving. Personally I am not too fond of Indian food but this was the chosen restaurant so I had limited choice. The Indian food was good when it had arrived but their European dishes were a lot to be desired.

They were also not great when it came to payment. As we had all had different meals we wanted to pay separately but this was not possible either and the pricing was definitely on the steep end. Additionally the bill didn't seem to add up however we let this slide to enjoy the evening. Overall don't bother, the food is not worth the hassle and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.