“Always a first class lunch”

Green Tree Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 43 Restaurants in Peebles
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Scotland
“Always a first class lunch”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I've been here many times - don't know why it's taken me so long to write a review! Lunch is always excellent - in a nice home cooked way. Choice is enormous - almost too many choices. Food is delicious and portions are generous - a big plus point for me! Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2014

EdinburghNewington
“Not anywhere near as good as last visit sorry !”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and 5 friends visited on a Wednesday night . I noticed straight away the menu was much reduced and more basic . Eg last visit maybe two years ago I had a stunning chilli con carne with many dips it was excellent with flair.
The food we ordered was soggy /oily and all of us left our plates half full . The choices were limited compared to previous , simple basics . Even the nacho starters the cheese was over cooked . I had quiche for main the pastry was heavy / oily the whole thing didn't taste good .
The staff were very nice and attentive though . It was just the food itself on a Wednesday night . Friends had seafood platters and they were returned to kitchen half full . Maybe it was just a different chef to normal .
We were the only ones in the big restaurant .

3 Thank lintonmuir
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Outstanding every time ”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I have been coming here for years, with friends, family and more recently my children. The staff are fantastic, service is great and the food is probably the best I've ever had in a 'pub' setting. I have never had a bad meal here, it's been outstanding every time and we will continue to go back. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed

Edinburgh
“pleasant service and lovely food”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Didn't book and we arrived after 7pm. The restaurant was busy but only waited a few minutes to be seated and for our order to be taken. The food was great and again didn't have to wait long. The staff were very pleasant and attentive.
Not particularly modern inside or outside but don't be put off its part of old Peebles. Just go and enjoy a lovely meal.

• Visited July 2014
“Wonderful staff and ambience with fantastic food to boot!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We visited for a special family birthday. The staff could not have been nicer and the food was wonderful would highly recommend!

• Visited June 2014