This is a beautiful hotel in a lovely setting. As we had nearly decided to stay there during our trip to Peebles, we thought we would visit and have lunch. On arriving at the hotel we went in the front door and stood in the hall for ages. There was an open door to what appeared to be an office but the person in there seemed to ignore us. We were not sure if it was reception as there did not appear to be a sign. We noticed a bell to be used for 'service' but decided to speak to the person in the office first. Apparently it was Reception. We were told that lunches were not being served but we could have soup or sandwiches. We were shown to the sitting room for food. Strangely although not serving food I noticed the dining room was set up and music playing in there when we went past. We had sandwiches which were fresh and scones but I think that they were probably made the day before as they were a bit hard which was a shame. It was also quite expensive.
The impression was of some disorganisation which was the feeling we had when enquiring about booking. Hopefully this will resolve as it is an ideal location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cringletie House is a luxurious Country House Hotel, set in 28 stunning acres, just outside Peebles and 30 minutes south of Edinburgh, in the Scottish Borders.With 4 Red Stars, Cringletie Hotel is the only AA Top Hotel (Inspector's choice) in the Scottish Borders. No other hotel in this location has been awarded 4 Gold Stars by Visit Scotland. The Sutherland Restaurant at Cringletie is considered one of Peebles' top restaurants and our Head Chef ensures his menus reflect the changing seasons with locally sourced produce. The hotel's bedrooms are individually decorated and all have glorious views over the gardens and rolling countryside. All rooms offer FREE WiFi, LCD TV, Bathrobe & Slippers and a range of Molten Brown Toiletries. The hotel has a specially designed accessible room with wheelchair access - and lifts to all floors. For our guests who seek the outdoors the range of opportunities are truly limitless. The region boasts some of the best mountain biking in the UK at Glentress, fishing on the Tweed (Europe's premier salmon fishing river), and some of the best field sports and golf in Scotland. If you are touring Scotland with your best (four-legged) friend we welcome dogs to the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Cringletie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cringletie House Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie House Peebles, Scotland