I had a night away with my husband here. It's a lovely drive up to the hotel very secluded and the first glimpse of the hotel is spectacular. We were taken to our room which was on the third floor overlooking the hotel gardens. The room was very nice, clean and spacious however the only thing that let it down was the cracked tiles on the bathroom floor which were noticeable as soon as you walked in. Staff are friendly and the barman was extremely knowledgeable in the vast array of whiskeys available. We ate our dinner in the hotel restaurant which was all excellent apart from the main meal (we both had steak that was tasteless - we did complain to the waitress who said she would mention it to the chef however we were still billed for the full dinner, we even advised the hotel manager when paying the bill who advised he would tell their local butcher but again no real apology or refund for the inadequate food was provided). Overall I would stay at this hotel again, the breakfast the following morning was good but I would choose to dine elsewhere on an evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cringletie House is a luxurious Country House Hotel, set in 28 stunning acres, just outside Peebles and 30 minutes south of Edinburgh, in the Scottish Borders.With 4 Red Stars, Cringletie Hotel is the only AA Top Hotel (Inspector's choice) in the Scottish Borders. No other hotel in this location has been awarded 4 Gold Stars by Visit Scotland. The Sutherland Restaurant at Cringletie is considered one of Peebles' top restaurants and our Head Chef ensures his menus reflect the changing seasons with locally sourced produce. The hotel's bedrooms are individually decorated and all have glorious views over the gardens and rolling countryside. All rooms offer FREE WiFi, LCD TV, Bathrobe & Slippers and a range of Molten Brown Toiletries. The hotel has a specially designed accessible room with wheelchair access - and lifts to all floors. For our guests who seek the outdoors the range of opportunities are truly limitless. The region boasts some of the best mountain biking in the UK at Glentress, fishing on the Tweed (Europe's premier salmon fishing river), and some of the best field sports and golf in Scotland. If you are touring Scotland with your best (four-legged) friend we welcome dogs to the Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cringletie House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cringletie House Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie Hotel Peebles
- Cringletie House Peebles, Scotland