“Evening meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Francos

Francos
Ranked #7 of 43 Restaurants in Peebles
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, View, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Quaint Italian restaurant - simple menu, well executed. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Francos+peebles&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=Francos&hnear=0x488792980575cd53:0xf97f1ddf3b42dc8f,Peebles,+The+Scottish+Borders&ei=J5QuTsWXNMeKswb4t6kT&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&ved=0CAQQtgM&cid=0,0,3380709325711066542
Upminster, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate here for my Birthday, earlier this week and mostly enjoyed it. I had the mussels from specials board, generous portion but too salty for my taste. My husband had bruschetta and although nice and fresh, seemed expensive for the portion. Husband's salmon main with capers & tomatoes was very tasty according to him & very pleased restaurant agreed to do twice cooked chips which again he enjoyed. For some reason we got a further portion of chips we didn't ask for & of course were charged for but we didn't quibble on this occasion. Main course pasta dishes were ok, carbonara over cheesy in my opinion. My dish was simple and quite tasty, broccoli & chilli which was subtle. Desserts were good - what's not to like about ice cream. A nice setting lovely room, quite small & lovely views in window over river. Perhaps we should have had pizzas, a little under whelmed for a meal for 3 for just under £100!

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I went for a meal at Franco's last May and the food was absolutely brilliant, as was the service.

We will definitely be making a return visit when we are in Peebles this coming weekend.

Get the wine ready!!

• Visited June 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Had dinner here during a golf weekend with friends and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was top notch and service friendly and attentive. All as you'd hope for in a genuine Italian restaurant.

Peebles, United Kingdom
“Favourite restaurant in Peebles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've visited Franco's many times over the years And although its isn't the best Italian food I've had its always been really tasty and I've never left feeling disappointed. I always feel there's a great atmosphere in Franco's and the staff are always very welcoming and helpful. Overall Franco's is a very good restaurant and defiantly worth a visit :) ciao!!

4 Thank De588402
Bridge of Weir, United Kingdom
“excellent pizza.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

recently visited Francos for the first time and had a wonderful pizza looking out the upstairs window to the river. the restaurant is wonderfully positioned and the food and service was second to none.

Visited April 2014