“Beautifully clean B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peebles
Torview House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 13 Peebles B&B and Inns
Preston, United Kingdom
“Beautifully clean B&B”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

On a cycle touring holiday, I needed a B&B for one night near Peebles, and Torview House was perfect. The house was immaculate, and the good-sized room very comfortable, with lovely touches, like quality shampoo / soaps and tea & coffee including Kit-kats!
The property was a couple of miles out of town, but was very quiet and peaceful due to this.
Breakfast was beautifully presented and served to order.
I had secure storage for my bike and I could not ask for more. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bernard K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I recently enjoyed a long weekend at Torview House and found the location, accommodation and hostess to be one of the best, if not the best, I've ever stayed in. The house itself is exquisite and the rooms were a good size with a lovely en suite shower room with walk-in shower. Breakfasts were amazing and we were offered practically everything you could wish for. Nothing was too much trouble for our hostess, who was cheerful, bright and bubbly. Although this was my first time I'm pretty certain it won't be my last.

Room Tip: I looked in all 6 bedrooms; a couple were larger than the ones we had but as we were single ladies i...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
paisley
Reviewed 29 September 2013

my sister and I stayed here for one night because we were going to stobo castle spa the next day. Arran is a fabulous host, very bubbly and outgoing and welcoming. The location is superb. We took a gorgeous walk round about and the wildlife and scenery is lovely and that's an understatement. very comfy rooms with everything you could need, hospitality tray was second to none. Bathroom pristine and luxurious. Breakfast lovely - couldn't fault it. Altogether a great experience. Would definitely recommend. Thanks Arran from Katrina and susan. would come again with my husband, he would really love it.

Room Tip: Just drive up and relax
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here but it definitely won't be my last. Its a great place to stay if your mountain biking glenntress as its only 3 minutes by car out of town. The rooms are lovely, the breakfast is great, the hosts couldn't be nicer, the only minor gripe is there's no phone signal, there is free wifi though if you need. If you like the peace and tranquility then look no further and I you like going for walks then this has to be your place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Rome, Georgia
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My original accommodations were made online with another BnB and they had already booked so they called Arran and she welcomed us to Torview. My daughter was sick with a cold and she took good care of us. The room was lovely and very comfortable. She made sure we had anything we needed and even allowed me to cook some soup in her kitchen. All of this while she was taking care of another large family who was there at the same time. When we asked to stay an additional night and not go to the other BnB, Arran made that happen for us. She has many years of experience taking care of visitors and it is obviously important that everyone feels welcome. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay while I explored Peebles and Biggar. We didn't want to leave but I will go there again and I can't wait.

Room Tip: This BnB is very convenient to Peebles and just a short drive to Edinburgh. The area surrounding th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Moreton, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had booked to stay in the Crown Hotel in Peebles town centre and lasted one night due to horrendous noise. Torview House was able to accomodate us for the next night and what an excellent move that was! Torview House is situated about 10 minutes drive from Peebles town centre.

Arran was an absolutly lovely host and made us feel very welcome. The B&B is very spacious and the bedrooms and bathrooms were lovely, large and perfectly clean. The communal rooms were also lovely. What makes Torview House even more outstanding is the location. It's a little part of paradise. The views are spectacular, the gardens are beautiful, and the river runs right past the front lane of the house which allows for gorgeous walks. We spotted wild rabbits and birds of prey from our bedroom window. Torview House also has a flock of the most lovely pet sheep who are very friendly and love to be patted.

I usually take hours to fall asleep, but for the first time in years my head hit the pillow and i was out for the count - i'm putting this down to the extremely comfy bed and total silence due to the location of the house. Perfection. The breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious. I really didn't want to leave.

The pictures on Torview House's website do not do it justice. It is an absolutly beautiful place and very very reasonably priced. We have already decided that this will be the place we stay every time we visit Peebles and are looking forward to going back in August.

Room Tip: The B&B is a bungalow so all rooms are accessible for disabled guests. All rooms appeared to be...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terri W
Northwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2013

This was a fantastic b & b. the room was very spacious, nicely decorated, clean and very comfortable. The ensuite was v. Large with a deep bath and good shower. The breakfast was wonderful. The location is just outside Peebles (not really a walking distance) and in lovely countryside. Nice and quite. There are walks around for anyone wanting to get some fresh air. There's ample parking and garaged parking for bikes but would suggest you let them know before you arrive. Aaron was a lovely hostess and made us very welcome. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have lovely views of the countryside and are all large and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peebles
Tontine Hotel Peebles Scottish Borders
#2 of 8 in Peebles
Traquair Arms Hotel
Traquair Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Innerleithen

Been to Torview House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!