“What a place!!!!”

7stanes - Glentress
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Peebles
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Amazing biking, not sure why it took so long for me to plan a trip. The cafe service and food is spot on

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Came here recently for a works social get-together.

I had never done any 'proper' mountain biking but had a brilliant time -
It was pouring with rain from about lunch time but we all enjoyed ourselves, and were all suitably caked in mud by the end of the day.

I would recommend this to absolutely anybody who even suspects they might enjoy it. The trails were catered for all levels - we stuck to blue and red in the afternoon - even as a pretty inexperienced mountain biker I happily managed the red course in the afternoon - although my brakes were on for the majority of the run down.

I have done plenty of road cycling in the past, and used to do a lot of motor bike scrambling in my youth (~20 years ago), but my fitness level was pretty average when we visited.

Managed the first run quite easily - the 2nd run after lunch was considerably harder (on the way up) but still enjoyed every second of it.

HIGHLY recommended.

Only fees are for the car park and bike rental (if required). Both very reasonable - especially if it's a work day out :P

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Keep trying the others but keep coming back to glentress. Haven't found anything comparable to spooky wood anywhere. Facilities are first class.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were all experienced mountain bikers. Great pieces of singletrack. Fast, jumps, dusty and fun. Well worth the 300 mile round trip...

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We visited for 3 days, found it being one of the best trail places I have ever been.

It is looked after very well. Something for everyone. Even planning on going back same time next year.