“Brilliant, swinging fun!”

Go Ape at Peebles, Glentress
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Peebles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Built on the hillside within the beautiful Glentress Forest (part of Tweed Valley Forest Park), our Go Ape Peeblesshire Tree Top Adventure makes good use of the valley for some jaw dropping exposure, and features our highest zip wire over the reservoirs in the valley. Take to the trees and speed down zip slides. They’re part of an exciting course of rope bridges, Tarzan swings and crossings; all set high above the forest floor. If you’re looking for things to do near Edinburgh, extend your day out with us. The small town of Peebles is just 2.5 miles away and has a great High Street with more independent shops than any other town in Scotland for great days out with the family.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Most amazing fun, when you get over the fear! Totally safe, well instructed and suppervised. Keep hair well pinned back and jewellery off, no loose things in pockets and you'll be fine.Toilets but no cafe on site. Water available as you go round but take stuff for after. If not participating you can walk around and enjoy the screams while offering encouragement from the safety of the forest floor! Make sure you have enough clothes on to keep warm. Large cafe at entrance to site but that is some distance away. I strongly recommend Go Ape and Glentress Forest is a beautiful setting.

3  Thank Wendyn535

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was my 2nd visit to go ape in Glentress and I loved every minute of it. Being in a group of 6-7, all of the staff make sure each individual knows how to harness themselves and make them feel confident in going through the course...ALWAYS STAY ATTACHED!

After going through the tutorial you go through 4 full tree top courses, each increasing in difficulty and finishing with a zip line. The final zip line is simply amazing. The view and the length as you go through the trees and over the river is something you need to enjoy at least once.

This is quite a physical activity and is not ideal for the unwell/unfit. If you are afraid of heights, think before doing this, but you are always assured that you know how to be safe.

The course takes around 2 hours to complete, and is ideal in a group/family of 5-10. Staff are great, I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We went to Go Ape for a Mother's Day surprise. My mum is a thrill seeker who loves a physical challenge so this was perfect.

The activity is very well run: there is a thorough training session with an instructor to begin with, then our instructor talked us through stage one of the course.

You're then left to your own devices which is scary but I felt very safe as you are always attached by at least one safety clip- I think you would only be in danger if you were careless or reckless. The course is challenging which is really fun and the final zipwires are truly spectacular.

A word of warning, if you are scared of heights I'm not sure this is for you: one of our party was pretty terrified for almost the whole three hours!! Also you DEFINITELY need gloves.

1  Thank 473HJM473
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Visited with my girlfeind for a different day out , we considered a spa day but then seen this was in the local area as we stayed over at Barony castle in Peebles . The day was so good , the c0st is 30£ each but worth it for 3 hourso f non stop fun . Staff we terrific and could not have been better. I will definetley be visiting again .

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was our 2nd visit to GoApe at Peebles, our first visit with 40 was terrible and this latest with just 3 was even worse. No mention when booking the stage 5 was closed, signed terms and disclaimer and harnessed up then they mention stage 5 was closed....deception!!! Still waiting for a call from CS.AVOID

4  Thank Simon H
GoApeTribe, Co-Founder at Go Ape at Peebles, Glentress, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Many thanks for talking through with me these experiences that you had with Go Ape. There are a few things that I want to investigate further and I will get back to you once I have done that. As discussed I very much hope that you will come back to Go Ape at some point this year and that this will be a great experience for you from start to finish.