“Great time spent at County Hotel”
Review of County Hotel

County Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Selkirk
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Great time spent at County Hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Very nice lounge for pre dinner drinks, very friendy and accomodating staff, meal very high quality and value for money, room was very well prepared and equipped. Shower was excellent and bed very comfy. Breakfast was to die for, all local amenities were very close. all expectations were exceeded. Would stop again and can not wait to do so. Locals also very friendly and engaging.

Room Tip: room 19 was excellent.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent food at the restaurant here, I would highly recommend it. My girlfriend is wheat and garlic intolerant and the options for her were really good. Also as the food is freshly prepared they were more than happy to adjust any of the dishes for her. The staff were brilliant.

Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely lunch here with our 3year old niece, the menus were varied and interesting and we all enjoyed our food. Our waitress Becca was very helpful, bringing us paper and colouring pencils !
We will definitely be returning to try the recommended High Tea for £9, what a bargain !

• Stayed July 2014
Jedburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

A friend offered to take me out for lunch as it was (almost) my birthday, so, as we had stuff to do in Selkirk we opted for the County Hotel. The excellent online menu had something to do with our choice as well. We were very pleasantly surprised and delighted with everything. The dining room was clean, the service was friendly but efficient and lastly, the food was very good indeed with reasonable prices. I also noted a really good choice for vegan, glutin and dairy free food. When I asked about this this I was also told that if I rang in advance these options could be extended. Another plus was while there were three extensive lunch menus they were interchangeable ...and it was possible to chose single items and order from all three We did not book, but just strolled in ...perhaps it was slightly more quiet as it was a Tuesday. There is also free parking at the back of the hotel.
I will most certainly return to eat there again and am sure I will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Durham
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Working late overnight in the area and needed a shelter for a few hrs, we picked this hotel and we were very surprised. Staff very friendly Breakfast great Bedroom very clean in the centre of town but not noisy. I stay at Hotels every week but this is one I will return to in my own time.
Great!

Room Tip: I was at the back, not on main street.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped by for a meal, not really knowing what to expect but with a troublesome toddler and a difficult baby in tow. We were expecting a stressful meal but in fact the staff were incredibly kind and helpful. We couldn't have been better looked after. And the food was fantastic to boot. If we are ever looking to return to the area then this will be first choice for a stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel, excellently located in the centre of Selkirk, has a pleasing upmarket feel to it. I really liked my single room which was small but bright and well-appointed with a nice view over the market square. Very good value too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selkirk
Glen Hotel
Tontine Hotel Peebles Scottish Borders
Burt's Hotel
Burt's Hotel
#2 of 7 in Melrose

Been to County Hotel? Share your experiences!