“What a treat.”
Review of Garvally House

Garvally House
Ranked #1 of 3 Alloa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was lucky enough to stay here for a night last weekend, the only drawback was that the stay was not for longer. The owners have very lovingly restored this gorgeous period property into what felt more like a very exclusive boutique hotel. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was second to none and the attention to detail from the home made yoghurt and preserves to the recommendations to all of the local produce was wonderful. Even the bread served with breakfast was still warm from the oven. I honestly couldn't praise Naomi and Michael highly enough for their genuine welcome. I hope very much to be able to stay there again, next time for a much longer visit though.

1  Thank frequent_traveller09
There are newer reviews for Garvally House

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was attending a birthday party in the town and needed somewhere to stay, but that was also a bit of a treat for myself. I was not disappointed. I located Garvally House through trip advisor and am nearly reluctant to promote such a hidden gem at risk of not getting to stay there again due to its popularity.
The accomodation was superb, the food beyond exceptional but the most wonderful part was the welcome from Naomi & Michael. I really cannot wait to return, but maybe with less plans and more time to enjoy the wonderful hospitaliy, home cooking and fabulous amenites.
I do not normally write reviews, but was simply compelled to by the lovely stay I encountered.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I only found thew Garvally House through Trip Advisor. I was in Alloa to watch my side play a pre-season game so thought I would stay in the town.

Naomi and Michael are superb hosts and treat you as part of their family. The welcome was very warm and as it was nice weather had tea and cakes in the garden.

The rooms are fitted out to a very high standard with all mod cons far what you would expect from a Bed and Breakfast. The Bathroom has a warm powerful shower.

Alot of nice extras are available including as well as the tea tray, fresh milk, and some nice cake. Also provided was some whisky! The room had a good TV and although I did not use it ability to watch Netflix.

The breakfast was also very good - and cooked to order, the french toast, bacon and maple syrup was a great start to the day.

I really hope it continues to prosper as so much effort has been put in to set it up.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Welcome was fantastic, but the thing I liked most was the food – it was exceptional. Breakfast of homemade yoghurt, compote and granola, home made jams, bread and eggs from their hens.

Delicious French toast with bacon and maple syrup. They even cut the fat off my bacon and dry fried my French toast, as I mentioned I was on a diet!

They noticed I didn’t eat the strawberries in my fresh fruit salad yesterday. The replacement raspberries in my fresh fruit salad today were from their garden. Delicious!

I’ve put on a stone in two days.

Bed comfy. They brought me a glass of wine when I arrived and had left some whiskey and cake in my room, in case I fancied a night cap.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our stay at Garvally house was wonderful. I am very picky and did tons of research. I wanted a place that felt "right." That is, elegant but not stuffy, cheery, bright, pretty, comfortable. Garvally house fit the bill and my research paid off. The house itself is historic, rooms charming and clean, and breakfast delicious. What made the stay, however, were the proprietors Naomi and Michael. We arrived as strangers and felt we left as friends. When we had a last minute change in our reservation they were wonderfully accommodating. We were made to feel very welcome, and yet still had privacy. After learning we had just come from St. Andrews and were interested in Golf, Naomi suggested we visit Gleneagles, just north of Alloa, which we did and it was a wonderful recommendation. You know it's a good fit when you hate to leave. Highlights were the wonderfully comfortable bed in the Green room, the gorgeous garden (which we wanted to import to California!) and the attentive service. As mentioned, breakfast was delicious with Naomi's expert cooking and especially her wonderful home made preserves. Thank you Naomi and Michael and we hope to see you again soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We received excellent service from Naomi and Michael during our recent stay at Garvally House. The guest accommodation was of high quality and reflected great attention to detail.. The bedrooms were very comfortable, tastefully furnished and with plenty of storage facilities. The bathrooms were excellent, also with the required storage. The breakfasts were well presented, with plenty of choice and good cooking. In addition the Garvally House service had many special features. As well as providing tea-making facilities in the bedrooms, we were welcomed with tea and cakes in the lounge or garden on our arrival/return each day. The availability of evening meals was most welcome and there was no problem catering or a special diet. The friendliness and attention we received from our hosts were exceptional.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were visiting family in Alloa and had not used a B&B before. We stayed for 4 nights and would recommend Garvally House to anyone. Naomi and Michael made you feel at home immediately and even when we interrupted them mid afternoon whilst they were tending to their lovely garden, Michael stopped and offered to make us tea and soft drinks. When we go back to Scotland I will have no hesitation in booking a room with them again. The breakfast was always first class, rooms clean and the location very quiet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alloa
Airth Castle & Hotel
Grange Manor
Grange Manor
#1 of 4 in Grangemouth
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro

Been to Garvally House? Share your experiences!