All reviews green room home made yogurt night cap fantastic breakfast comfortable bed local produce compote spent one night little touches wee dram an absolute gem would highly recommend a stay here no hesitation in recommending warm welcome top class helpful hosts
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Everything about Garvally House is excellent! The room was fabulous, the food was delicious, the house is beautiful and the hosts are just the most welcoming and lovely people. I would not hesitate to recommend that you stay here!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 30 November 2014

This is a very overdue review - we stayed in April when visiting family in Alloa. The room (Green Room) was superb - comfortable and stylish. The welcome from Naomi and Michael was exceptionally warm and the breakfasts were AMAZING! (Best yoghurt I've had!). We will definitely stay here again next time we are visiting Alloa.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 3 November 2014

I only spent one night at Garvally House but I would happily go back again if in the area. I read nothing but good reviews in advance of my booking and my experience was excellent as well. The owners, Michael and Naomi, were very accommodating hosts but not intrusive. Michael provided good local recommendations for both a restaurant and a golf course nearby and went out of his way to help. Breakfast was excellent, the room was comfy and quiet -- what more do you need? I stayed in a room without an en suite bathroom but had a large, modern, private bathroom just outside of the door so this was more than adequate.

The location is about 15 minutes from the center of Stirling and less than an hour's drive from Edinburgh. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 2fromTX
Reviewed 10 October 2014

Garvally House is a beautiful and most comfortable place to stay. Michael and Naomi go out of their way to provide a welcoming atmosphere. Our bedroom (the "Green Room") was lovely and had all the comforts we needed, even including a wee dram of whisky each day. The breakfasts were delicious and ample and featured some wonderful homemade items. Alloa itself is not large, and the restaurant choices are limited. But we had an excellent meal at the one place the owners recommended, and it's only 10 minutes or so from downtown Stirling with lots of options. We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The green room was great!
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Finally found somewhere to stay in Alloa. Warm welcome. Very comfortable room and delicious home cooked breakfast to start the day. Close to town centre so I could walk to the office. Have already booked a return stay. Highly recommended

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business