“Never Again!”

Mcdonald's Restaurants
Ranked #19 of 44 Restaurants in Alloa
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Love Mcdonald's as a family treat and our closet McDonald's is sadly Alloa. They never get the order right - either items missing, incorrect or stone cold.

Ordered from the drive through for breakfast and had to go in because they had forgotten to put the muffins in the bag. I don't know about you but I use the drive through to get fast food but I usually end up having to go in to fix out their errors and while doing that the rest of my order gets cold.

Tonight fries were stone cold in the three happy meals and 2 large meals, cheeseburgers were missing ketchup, pickle and chopped onion and when called up to complain the manger was less than helpful.

Time and time again Alloa McDonald's have messed up by either giving me someone else's order, giving me parts of my order or by giving me cold inedible food and have been told it is because I have a "complex" order - I simply ask they do not put one item of ingredient on my big mac how exactly is omitting one ingredient make it complex? surely this is on the level of basic understanding.

I have ordered the exact same order from Stirling McDonald's out by Sainbury's a good few times and never had an issue. I will now drive the extra 9 miles to get better service and food. Never again will I go to Alloa McDonald's its a waste of time and money.

2  Thank Gary S

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Ok I'll start by saying i'm not really a McDonald's fan, its not normally my kind of thing but you know the way you end up there every so often out of convenience? Well I've been to this McDonald's at least 5-6 times over the last few years and it has amazing service, the food is always fresh and I've always thought it was some sort of training branch or something as they really go over and above the normal service for you. Well done to this McDonald's owner as for someone who is not a fan, i commend the level of service and food standards you produce here. Yes, should i ever need a quick bite, i would definitely eat here again :-)

Reviewed 1 January 2014

What can I say about McDs that you won't already know? They are at least consistent but ultimately what you get from them is for filling a hole in your stomach and not much more. The quality of their burgers is atrocious but when combined with the buns, sauce, pickles etc. the result is, weirdly, more than the sum of its parts but I would never describe it as a 'burger', I can only describe the item they give you as a 'McDonalds'. Every single thing you get from McDs has a similar underlying taste and smell which, sometimes, can be a little disconcerting. Even though what you get is horrifically unhealthy and of a particularly poor quality it doesn't seem to stop people (myself included) from going back time and time again so they must be doing something right...

1  Thank DMAC77REVIEW
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Staff are always friendly and cheerful. Unfortunately, the window onto the drive thru lowers the temperature of the restaurant so customers always keen to leave, not because they are ready - because they are cold.