“Otters pool”

The Raiders Road Forest Drive
More attraction details
Owner description: This 10-mile road winds along the Black Water of Dee and through the forest.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Otters pool”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love this place. Its my happy place haha.

Myself and my girlfriend go every year and the last 2 years my Inlaws, my Mum, Brother, Nan, Grandad and Cousins have come with us and it is now definately an annual trip.

I want to say dont go but only to keep it just for myself lol.

You will love it.

3 Thank das90

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
197 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 208 helpful votes
“Drovers Road by The Black Water of Dee”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

This is a beautiful drive through the Laurieston Forest in Galloway from Clatteringshaws to Bennan near Laurieston. It is single track with passing places so take your time and look out for timber lorries and walkers. You will be rewarded with a feel of retracing the steps of the drovers and with sites like The Otter Pool on the Black Water of Dee. This is a beautiful spot for a wander and to enjoy the meandering river and the gorgeous rock pools.

3 Thank I H
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Fabulous Place to be”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We travelled along the Raider's Road on Friday on the way to the Kite Feeding Station at Lauriston. We had already found a few places called Otters Pool during our rain drenched holiday, but all had disappointed, and we hadn't seen any otters :-( We weren't worried though as we had both had a great break from our busy lives. Helen drove her Polo down the Drive, and we took it easy as it was quite bumpy. That said, some quite new expensive estates and salons were also on the Drive and they were doing just as well as us. When we pulled into Otters' Pool, we were really pleased. The loos were clean and tidy, although there were no lights we could find. The site itself was very clean, and although there were another 8 or so couples there, the site is large enough that it wasn't in anyway cramped. We didn't see any otters, but we loved it enough to want to buy a small jeep so we can do it all again, no matter how bad the weather.

London, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

A lovely drive through the forest.
We stopped several times and especially at the Otter Pool.
Took us about an hour and the roadway is good - even for cars.

Witney, United Kingdom
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Awesome scenery.. Loved it”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Visited once before a few years ago but I must have my eyes closed last time! So much to see and good Picnic area I think at Otters Pond. There are wc facilities and picnic tables. All alongside a river you would expect to see in Canada or some such place! You can walk across it on the smooth rocks. Kids love it. There were even little fire pits, Bbq area. We happen to drive past a red deer conservation park and walked with and fed red deer! So cool. We saw mountain goats at another place where my daughter delighted in the fact there was a natural echo every time she called out! Ravines, streams, wild flowers, birds.. Beautiful place.

Visited August 2013